Adventure of the Seas delayed return to Port Canaveral

FYI-

Adventure December 22–30 cruise will be arriving back in Port Canaveral a  couple of hours delayed Saturday. We had a medical evacuation (unscheduled stop) Thursday evening that caused our delay. 

I suspect there will be a delay in Saturday embarkation. Those on the Dec 30 sailing should watch email/text for info. 
m

• Like 2

IMG_0412.thumb.jpeg.913904a3a77c91e9629f17018922ee99.jpegHere’s the letter to those on the current sailing.

They hope to begin self disembark at 9 am.  From the Captain’s overhead announcement, they are making the best possible speed toward Port Canaveral, but he expects to encounter some some adverse weather enroute.

Obviously the spaces in the parking garage 5 will not be available to those on the next cruise as early as usual tomorrow.  As our disembarkation will be delayed, expect your disembarkation to also be delayed.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

We had planned to stay on as long as possible to let the masses get off. Now we will have to probably get off with the rest so the crew can start turn around cleaning. I'm hoping Giovanni's will be open later for breakfast, but I doubt it.

36 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We had planned to stay on as long as possible to let the masses get off. Now we will have to probably get off with the rest so the crew can start turn around cleaning. I'm hoping Giovanni's will be open later for breakfast, but I doubt it.

It would be nice if the breakfast hours and room surrender time was adjusted for the late arrival.  As guests are strongly encouraged to use self assist disembarkation and (so far) have been told to vacate cabins by 8am, the public areas may be jammed with people pulling full size luggage by 7:30 tomorrow morning.

If people leave luggage in cabins until 9am and breakfast venues stayed open later, the public areas might be passable.  There is little point opening all breakfast venues super early when ship is substantially delayed.  The crew hours could have been adjusted.

Edited by Starry Eyes