Going to Paris this week

Jane110

Hi yall, just booked a last minute ticket for Paris for a weeks stay and so I'll be obsverving what's being worn on the strret and in the cafe's and what they wear when visiting a musuems. How they dress when they're on a date. I'll make note of what the Mommie's w/ stroller set is

Also can't wait to see what new in the stores now. Ask whats selling and what's not. One of my favorite littl shops thaat I buy from will be honest.

That'll be fun.. Hope it's not too rainy.

Jane

Hi Jane. I have never managed to be in Paris when is wasn't raining so hope you get your wish for sunny skies!

I will be curious to hear if the Audrey Hepburn look is still strong for the new season as I saw so much of it in december. Also, the makeup colors and girly accents ( I was constantly reminded of Carrie Bradshaw and her flower pins!!) and, most important, the shoes!

Have a safe and wonderful visit!

CG

Just reread my post...Sheesh! Sorry about all those typo's!!! No more posting at 1:30AM after too much wine!!! :eek:

I'll report back as many observations as possible, but with it still be chilly and probably often raining, I don't think I'll be able to report back what the lady's of Paris will be wearing for spring. I think I'll be seeing mostly raincoats, umbrella's and rainboots. Well, good excuse to sit in the cafe's so that I can see what's under the raincoats! :)

According to the netweather forecast I'll only have one day of real sunshine, a few days of cloudy skies and two days of downpours. I'm repacking and keeping the suede boots at home and packing the microfiber boots and shoes.

Caviargal, what's so weird an image of me on a motorscooter? One of my girlfriends there uses her exclusively and often gives me a ride on her Vespa. If I lived there, I'd definitely own one. And another friend of mine always picks me up on his motorcycle when we go someplace together.

A bientot,

Jane

Just reread my post...Sheesh! Sorry about all those typo's!!! No more posting at 1:30AM after too much wine!!! :eek:

I'll report back as many observations as possible, but with it still be chilly and probably often raining, I don't think I'll be able to report back what the lady's of Paris will be wearing for spring. I think I'll be seeing mostly raincoats, umbrella's and rainboots. Well, good excuse to sit in the cafe's so that I can see what's under the raincoats! :)

According to the netweather forecast I'll only have one day of real sunshine, a few days of cloudy skies and two days of downpours. I'm repacking and keeping the suede boots at home and packing the microfiber boots and shoes.

Caviargal, what's so weird an image of me on a motorscooter? One of my girlfriends there uses her exclusively and often gives me a ride on her Vespa. If I lived there, I'd definitely own one. And another friend of mine always picks me up on his motorcycle when we go someplace together.

A bientot,

Jane

You are so perfectly groomed and put together that I could not picture it. Now a Vespa in a great color zipping down the streets of Paris, that I can see very well : )

Hi Jane, have a wonderful time:)

And as much as I know you love Paris........please be careful.

The news is not good there at this time......and I would hate

for you to be caught in the middle of a fire/riot.

Have a wonderful time! I'll be looking for your report back on what they are wearing about this time. I will be there for one day on my Transatlantic the last week of April. I am trying to figure out how to spend my one day in Paris and am also totally stressing over what to wear!!! I'd love to use you as my consultant to describe the perfect outfit for a day in Paris! :D

Safe travels, and enjoy your trip (though I have no doubts that you will enjoy yourself despite the weather).

I'm looking forward to your observations, especially the hair styles and the make-up.

~e

Joelmarj,

Weather in April is unpredictable. Wear what you would wear if you were spending the day walking around NYC.(just add a scarf) Before you go, we can talk about what to do with one day in Paris. I'd be happy to give you some suggestions based on your preferences if you'd like.

MrsRed,

Easy to tell you make-up trends because basically the french women don't wear any. :)

SassyChassy,

If I see an Eiffel Tower mouse pad, would you like me to buy one for you? I generally don't go to the touristy area's of Paris, but I might pass a store that sells those kinds of souveniers.

Thanks for the good wishes. I leave tomorrow.

Jane

Joelmarj,

SassyChassy,

If I see an Eiffel Tower mouse pad, would you like me to buy one for you? I generally don't go to the touristy area's of Paris, but I might pass a store that sells those kinds of souveniers.

Thanks for the good wishes. I leave tomorrow.

Jane

I don't know if you'll see this before you leave...but if it is $10 or less than yes!

Thanks,

Karen

Joelmarj,

Weather in April is unpredictable. Wear what you would wear if you were spending the day walking around NYC.(just add a scarf) Before you go, we can talk about what to do with one day in Paris. I'd be happy to give you some suggestions based on your preferences if you'd like.

Jane

That would be great! I would LOVE the help planning for one day. In the meanwhile, safe travels. Have a wonderful time.

Archived