Two Midwesterners escape winter on the Eurodam.

Lunch today in the Lido.  The roast meats at lunch time are uniformly excellent.  A real boon for those of us who do Keto or Atkins.  If you want a table in the Lido on a sea day is to get there early.  Complicating crowding was end by the Seaview pool was very warm so people moved down to the forward end.  

Lunch today was Porchetta.  John's breakfast this morning which is one of the scramble bowls but with two perfectly poached eggs.  

IMG_20240107_122943468.jpg

IMG_20240107_091936701.jpg

• Like 3

Dinner in the Pinnacle Grill last night.  First time this trip.  We brought 7 special bottles of wine from home and paid the $20 each.  We had a 1995 Beringer Private Reserve we bought a case of for $35 a bottle in 1996.  Well aged it was wonderful.  John had mushroom soup, I had steak tartare for starters. John had filet and I had the supplement Aged Delmonico.  Both yummy.  John's baked potato unremarkable and just warm. No desserts.  

IMG_20240107_185701833_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240107_192015758.jpg

IMG_20240107_192957014.jpg

IMG_20240107_194603720.jpg

IMG_20240107_194622147.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We brought 7 special bottles of wine from home and paid the $20 each. 

Did you volunteer the corkage fee or did the 'search team' request it?

Seems that there is no pattern recently.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We were caught. Go early and divide in multiple bags may help, just saying 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We were caught. Go early and divide in multiple bags may help, just saying 

Really nice wine! You're our kind of 'Wino's! 😎 Will most likely bring a couple nice bottles from home ourselves! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Are you allowed 2 bottles per stateroom without paying the corkage fee?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TravelE said:

Are you allowed 2 bottles per stateroom without paying the corkage fee?

No. All wine is subject to $20 per bottle corkage.  Its still good value for a good quality wine compared with onboard prices.

• Like 1

We did another HA shore excursion because we had never been to Belize before.  The tour was great but there were four ships in port all requiring tendering.  It was a zoo at the port area.  I have another HIA excursion in February and I will cancel.   Not worth the hassle.  

Today we took a bus the the recently excavated ruins, Amon Ra.  It was an hour drive each way and we were served a simple meal away from the ruins.  It was not crowded at the ruins and both our bus guide and the park guide were excellent.  

IMG_20240109_112127715_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240109_104801087.jpg

IMG_20240109_104147353_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240109_104808114.jpg

IMG_20240109_112207757_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240109_110829083_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

We did another HA shore excursion because we had never been to Belize before.  The tour was great but there were four ships in port all requiring tendering.  It was a zoo at the port area.  I have another HIA excursion in February and I will cancel.   Not worth the hassle.  

Today we took a bus the the recently excavated ruins, Amon Ra.  It was an hour drive each way and we were served a simple meal away from the ruins.  It was not crowded at the ruins and both our bus guide and the park guide were excellent.  

Thank you for the passing on the word on Amon Ra, and especially for the photos. Sounds like what one hopes an excursion will be.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

You might want to reconsider that.  If you are referring to February 20 you are the only ship in town that day.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

You might want to reconsider that.  If you are referring to February 20 you are the only ship in town that day.

Roy

Thanks Roy.  Our bus guide said 4 big ships tomorrow over 20k.  If we are the only ones we can have the nice shopping port to ourselves. Nice waterside restaurants too.  Yes it will be 2/20.  Four days left on our cruise. Will keep our boat ride.  🐵🐊🐒🦜

• Like 2