Porthole veranda balcony cabin on Beyond/Ascent

anskt

I’d like input from anyone that has actually stayed in one of these cabins on either the Beyond or Ascent. I know most of these are classified as obstructive view cabins, and I’ve seen a couple of YouTube videos of a few. I’m particularly interested in cabin 8333 and wonder just how much this cabin is obstructed. One cruise website I often use does not have this particular cabin listed as obstructed. I’m wondering since it is not the end room, maybe it isn’t as obstructed as some of the others??  
Any cruisers out there that have stayed in this cabin on Beyond or Ascent would be a great help with information!

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Random Cruizer said:

I was in one on Apex that actually didn't have any obstructions at all that I could see, maybe something off to the side?

I LOVED this cabin--an actual balcony, hard to come by on e-class!  Go for it!

It's because the balcony has a port hole and is not a full-size open balcony that it's why it's classified as an obstructed view. 

This isn't for the Beyond, but the Edge, hope the link helps. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Obstructed_Views/02_15_23_FLY_Obstructed_Cabins_EG.pdf

Edited by flvol77

16 hours ago, Random Cruizer said:

I was in one on Apex that actually didn't have any obstructions at all that I could see, maybe something off to the side?

I LOVED this cabin--an actual balcony, hard to come by on e-class!  Go for it!

We too had one on the Apex and loved it.  An actual balcony.  The porthole view was not really that obstructed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flvol77 said:

It's because the balcony has a port hole and is not a full-size open balcony that it's why it's classified as an obstructed view. 

But some of the porthole views are actually obstructed.  Here is the window washing equipment which clearly created the obstructed view designation for my room on edge.

4D34386D-580E-4D37-81C4-A078AD4B1DA8.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

But some of the porthole views are actually obstructed.  Here is the window washing equipment which clearly created the obstructed view designation for my room on edge.

Interesting, so no window washing is 25% obstructed, and those cabins with the window washing equipment are up to 50% 

Edited by flvol77

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, cruisestitch said:

Whatever Cabin number is this? We are seriously consider a Porthole Veranda n our Beyond Sailing. It appears all are listed as obstructed by default. Side view aft pictures indicate the equipment obstruction is only at the far aft couple of staterooms.

We have stayed in 9321 on Beyond.  It said 25% obstruction, but I think that refers to that "frame" around the port hole.  The balcony is small but fine for 2 people to sit out on.  I don't recall any real obstruction otherwise and no window washing equipment nearby. 

1 hour ago, clarkgriswold said:

Whatever Cabin number is this? We are seriously consider a Porthole Veranda n our Beyond Sailing. It appears all are listed as obstructed by default. Side view aft pictures indicate the equipment obstruction is only at the far aft couple of staterooms.

It was far forward, not far aft.

My only concern about these cabin, the ones which are forward, starboard - is that they are positioned above the smoking section outside Eden - meaning, the smoke from the smokers, if you've got your balcony door open, could waft up there, effecting your outdoor experience.  Anyone comment on that?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, @lexmiller, Eden is aft.

YES, DUH!!  10 Edge Class cruises, I knew that.......Thank you!  BUT STILL, there are Porthole Veranda cabins AFT - that is still my concern.  Except for my total faux pas, stay with me here, there are porthole verandas aft as well as forward, so the porthole verandas that are AFT PORT (not starboard - I had myself completely turned around) - would have the concern of the smoke.  

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Isn’t Eden aft?

YES, I just commented on my total brain meltdown, my directionally challenged brain let me down (again) so it's the porthole verandas which are aft, port side, which are just above the Eden smoking area, which are the concern for the possibility of smoke wafting up.