Missed port, where do I find the FCC on Azamara website?

jomf

We were on the Onward cruise that lost power in the Med, Nov 2023.

Azamara offered either two days refund or FCC of 50% of cruise fare paid.

we opted for the fcc. 
Where do I find how much was given to me and where it’s shown? 
I have received an email from Azamara which was complete gobbledegook! 
They  haven’t replied to my second email, having closed my enquiry for some reason.

I heard from a Canadian on the cruise who phoned Azamara just before Christmas and, after some typical denial, managed to secure her fcc. 

We were not offered a choice, and ended up with two day refund, which was applied immediately.

@jomfand @Dr H did you both book direct with AZ?

I did hear those who booked direct got offered FCC, which I would have accepted had it been offered.

12 hours ago, norn iron said:

We were not offered a choice, and ended up with two day refund, which was applied immediately.

@jomfand @Dr H did you both book direct with AZ?

I did hear those who booked direct got offered FCC, which I would have accepted had it been offered.

Hi David, I didn’t book direct, but I received a letter in my stateroom giving me the option of FCC & I heard someone requesting a voucher for it when I was at the front desk. I chose the 2 day refund as I doubt I will sail with them again. 
I hope you & Sandra are well. 
Gill 

I booked direct, we received the letter offering either two days refund or the 50%fcc.

I am wishing we had taken the two days refund now! 

Just phoned Azamara again. I’m told the fcc will be linked to our previous booking number and applied when we book the next cruise.

It’s not the amount I was expecting but better than nothing!

If you were on the cruise I would phone Azamara as they don’t seem to be sending anything out.

22 minutes ago, laurieb said:

It's not been that long; I'd give them time to get it done...

We were told onboard the certificate would be with us, at the latest, in 40 days. With Azamara’s great shoreside administration I doubt I would get anything without a call ( or two!).

We are looking to book a cruise, which we cannot do until we know the fcc is available to use. 

We were also on this cruise and accepted the two day FCC, to be with us within 40 days and not yet here, but more disappointing was the very poor treatment of mainly UK passengers compared to those from the US and Canada who received considerable more benefits in either OBC or FCC.

First time ever Azamara did not implement transparent and equable treatment across the board to all passengers. Disappointing and probably counterproductive in the long run.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alfredo1 said:

We were also on this cruise and accepted the two day FCC, to be with us within 40 days and not yet here, but more disappointing was the very poor treatment of mainly UK passengers compared to those from the US and Canada who received considerable more benefits in either OBC or FCC.

First time ever Azamara did not implement transparent and equable treatment across the board to all passengers. Disappointing and probably counterproductive in the long run.

What was the difference?  I would have thought UK trade regulations would have given equal if not more for a significant change

Posted (edited)

We have been given 50% of the amount we paid as fcc but only the cruise fare not the taxes.

Ie if Cruise fare £1000

taxes Circa £225

Total paid £1225

£500 to be given as fcc.

When we were at the captains q & a we were told it would be 50% of amount paid in fcc, which is not quite the case. 

Edited by jomf
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Quest at about the same time and owing to its difficulty were also offered a FCC.   We have not received an email yet, but it is visible in our "profile" on the Azamara onboard booking system-- i.e. the future sales people can see it and apply it to a new booking.   They said our travel agent should also be able to see the FCC

• Like 1

Hello, We are from the UK and were on the Onward in Nov 23 and chose the FCC.

We contacted Azamara, via the online form and were responded back to us within a day. They requested that a copy of the letter provided by the ship was emailed to them. A day after that they confirmed that the FCC had been applied to our accounts and provided us with Voucher numbers (no physical voucher copies). Hoping that our TA will be able to use the voucher numbers, when we book our next cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:40 PM, alfredo1 said:

The FCC was 50% of cruise fare paid less taxes not 2 days,  that was the amount for the refund, applied immediately. This was the choice for everyone regardless of where they were from. I’m not sure what you mean about unequal treatment? 

I rang Azamara this morning and got told our FCC on the phone and given the voucher numbers. They were on our account but we hadn’t been emailed. I suggest if you haven’t heard to ring Azamara direct. 

Edited by DebbieMacG
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:09 AM, jomf said:

We have been given 50% of the amount we paid as fcc but only the cruise fare not the taxes.

Ie if Cruise fare £1000

taxes Circa £225

Total paid £1225

£500 to be given as fcc.

When we were at the captains q & a we were told it would be 50% of amount paid in fcc, which is not quite the case. 

They would never give 50% refund of the taxes as they have to pay the port fees. We all got a refund for the missed port as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DebbieMacG said:

The FCC was 50% of cruise fare paid less taxes not 2 days,  that was the amount for the refund, applied immediately. This was the choice for everyone regardless of where they were from. I’m not sure what you mean about unequal treatment? 

I rang Azamara this morning and got told our FCC on the phone and given the voucher numbers. They were on our account but we hadn’t been emailed. I suggest if you haven’t heard to ring Azamara direct. 

I was told by a couple of people onboard that they were only offered one option, not both. They thought it might have been because they had used an agent, but also it is possible that their nationality was the cause. 

1 hour ago, jomf said:

I was told by a couple of people onboard that they were only offered one option, not both. They thought it might have been because they had used an agent, but also it is possible that their nationality was the cause. 

As far as I’m aware everyone got the letter offering both. I’m in the U.K. as well and everyone on the cruise I met with from the U.K. seemed to get the same offer. So what nationality didn’t get both offers? 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

As far as I’m aware everyone got the letter offering both. I’m in the U.K. as well and everyone on the cruise I met with from the U.K. seemed to get the same offer. So what nationality didn’t get both offers? 

I believe they were European, possibly Belgium. Also see post 4 above, Norn Iron

Edited by jomf

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, gailbellcerise said:

We were offered both options . We asked for the 50%credit against another cruise but were given obc which we did not want and had made that very clear . Shocking handling 

The OBC was refundable to your card. Did you tell them you didn’t want this when it appeared on the ship account? It appeared on everyone’s but then was taken off when I said I wanted FCC. Have you spoken to them about it since it or when you were on the ship?

22 minutes ago, gailbellcerise said:

We spoke to them on the ship and told them we didn’t want the refund . It wasn’t until we approached our agent to ask why we hadn’t heard ( by email) from Azamara that she informed us they had credited our card . 

So they made a mistake. Is your agent doing something to work with them for maybe FCC for the difference? Tbh I think both offers were very generous and many people were happy to take the cash. Maybe your agent can persuade them into giving something extra to make up for their error? 

• Like 1