Shore Excursion Group?

suzyed

Hi there :-)  I had 1 experience with them that was not so great.  I was part of a group booking during my recent World Cruise.  There was something I particularly wanted in the itinerary and the group leader said the itinerary is set.  I soon after became aware of another group forming with another private tour operator that included what I wanted to see in the itinerary.and decided to go with that group.  I contacted Shore Excursion Group myself to request to cancel and receive a refund.  This was months in advance of the tour date.  They wanted to keep about half of my payment (which we were required to pay in full at booking) and refund me the remainder.  I told them just leave me in the group then.  A while later I decided to ask the group leader if she perhaps had any waitlist requests to join the tour (It was filled up quite fast) that I wanted to go with the other group.  Thankfully, the group leader was able to work it out and I did receive a full refund. Since I did not participate in their tour, I can't say anything about the tour itself.  What tour is it you are looking at?

We used them for several excursions during the 2023 world cruise.   No negative issues whatsoever.  Had three ports canceled for various reasons and no problems getting refunds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

Hi there 🙂 I had 1 experience with them that was not so great.  I was part of a group booking during my recent World Cruise.  There was something I particularly wanted in the itinerary and the group leader said the itinerary is set.  I soon after became aware of another group forming with another private tour operator that included what I wanted to see in the itinerary.and decided to go with that group.  I contacted Shore Excursion Group myself to request to cancel and receive a refund.  This was months in advance of the tour date.  They wanted to keep about half of my payment (which we were required to pay in full at booking) and refund me the remainder.  I told them just leave me in the group then.  A while later I decided to ask the group leader if she perhaps had any waitlist requests to join the tour (It was filled up quite fast) that I wanted to go with the other group.  Thankfully, the group leader was able to work it out and I did receive a full refund. Since I did not participate in their tour, I can't say anything about the tour itself.  What tour is it you are looking at?

Hi Holly...thanks for the info.  
I was looking at a sailing that includes Israel, so looking at those tours in particular.  Reading the refund "rules" they stated if you cancelled 14 in advance you could get a refund.
So  you didn't do any of the their other tours?

Sharing my experience - I haven't gone on my cruise yet, but I booked a few shore excursions with them and cancelled two of them 14 days before my cruise departure. Got my refund back to my credit card without a problem.

I'll have to see how the actual excursions go but as far as the cancellation itself, that was done easily online.

• Like 1

I have been booking through Shore Excursions Group since they formed the company. They are very quick to respond whenever I have a question about an excursion, and during the  COVID shutdown, they issued refunds fast while their main competitor left everyone hanging.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, suzyed said:

Hi Holly...thanks for the info.  
I was looking at a sailing that includes Israel, so looking at those tours in particular.  Reading the refund "rules" they stated if you cancelled 14 in advance you could get a refund.
So  you didn't do any of the their other tours?

I believe the rules are different in the case of group bookings, which my case was.  No, I have participated in any of their tours as of yet

21 hours ago, suzyed said:

Has anyone heard of or used this company for excursions?

They are a 3rd party retailer similar to Viator, who use other vendors to provide the service.

With some research you can easily find the tour vendor and deal directly with them.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

They are a 3rd party retailer similar to Viator, who use other vendors to provide the service.

With some research you can easily find the tour vendor and deal directly with them.

Right....I know how to contact them, my travel agent sent an email with various tours to look at.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with them...good or bad.

Edited by suzyed

16 hours ago, 1412p0oi said:

Sharing my experience - I haven't gone on my cruise yet, but I booked a few shore excursions with them and cancelled two of them 14 days before my cruise departure. Got my refund back to my credit card without a problem.

I'll have to see how the actual excursions go but as far as the cancellation itself, that was done easily online.

Good to know...that was one of my concerns.  Please come back and let us know how the tours were.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Right....I know how to contact them, my travel agent sent an email with various tours to look at.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with them...good or bad.

I won't use any 3rd party booking sites, as I prefer to book directly with a vendor. I have heard pax using SEG & Viator have experienced issues contacting the vendor, if issues are experienced on day of tour.

• Like 2

We used Shore Excursions Group successfully and without any issues in southern Spain last November. What we do like about the site are the search function - enter the ship and itinerary dates for a list of what's available - and that the tours provide pickup at the port rather than requiring one to travel to a central/hotel location.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

I won't use any 3rd party booking sites, as I prefer to book directly with a vendor. I have heard pax using SEG & Viator have experienced issues contacting the vendor, if issues are experienced on day of tour.

This!

There are a number of stories and issues on the Ports boards about third party vendors. Better to go direct to recommended vendors.

• Like 2