Ascent 2/25/24 Caribbean No Longer Listed????

Dr Chill

Went to look up our upcoming cruise on the Ascent Feb 25, 2024 and it appears to have been pulled off-line. Anyone have any ideas why? Last time this happened to us, our cruise was chartered by Atlantis. Not this time though.

Does it not show in your account, or are you only looking at Celebrity's website?

Looks like February sailings are sold out except for a suite or two on the February 11 sailing.

All of the January and February Ascent cruises are nearly sold out. Occasionally one or two will reappear with a random few cabins open then they quickly disappear. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

All of the January and February Ascent cruises are nearly sold out. Occasionally one or two will reappear with a random few cabins open then they quickly disappear. 

And if you look at Ascent's March 17 sailing, it's wide open--particularly in the Retreat. You can book a SS Guarantee for < $760pd including gratuities. Very odd. I can't figure it out.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RichYak said:

And if you look at Ascent's March 17 sailing, it's wide open--particularly in the Retreat. You can book a SS Guarantee for < $760pd including gratuities. Very odd. I can't figure it out.

For a winter Caribbean cruise we choose late January or February to avoid the spring break crowd. Been doing it for 8-9 years now and have met several other people with the same idea. By mid to late March weather-wise we're getting close being past needing an escape from winter weather too.

That suite price starting at $2325 is odd too. We have two cruises book at that rate (Ascent and Xcel) both of which appeared to be a mistake and were increased pretty quickly after being released.

Edited by paulh84

46 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

That suite price starting at $2325 is odd too.

Not when you count unsold cabins. By my eye, Retreat looks to be 80% unsold. Seems like even the spring breakers are avoiding the spring breakers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Not when you count unsold cabins. By my eye, Retreat looks to be 80% unsold. Seems like even the spring breakers are avoiding the spring breakers.

I’m just saying it’s odd it’s the exact same starting price of $2325 per person as the apparent pricing mistakes on a Jan 2024 Ascent cruise and a Jan 2026 Xcel cruise that were quickly pulled back. Virtually every other similar itinerary for both started at over $4000 per person. If it’s an error and not getting booked rapidly it may go unnoticed a while. 

13 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I’m just saying it’s odd it’s the exact same starting price of $2325 per person as the apparent pricing mistakes on a Jan 2024 Ascent cruise and a Jan 2026 Xcel cruise that were quickly pulled back. Virtually every other similar itinerary for both started at over $4000 per person. If it’s an error and not getting booked rapidly it may go unnoticed a while. 

Now I have to look at that !  I managed to grab both opening day deals on  the January 21 2024  Ascent and the January 4  2026 Xcel at those great prices, thanks to wonderful Cruise Critic people 😃

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I’m just saying it’s odd it’s the exact same starting price of $2325 per person as the apparent pricing mistakes on a Jan 2024 Ascent cruise and a Jan 2026 Xcel cruise that were quickly pulled back.

Ah, I get it now. I didn't know that.

• 1 month later...

Hello 👋 is anyone sailing next week Feb 25 on the Celebrity Ascent interested in going to Virgin Gorda? 

Also has anyone else sailed all 3 Edge, Apex, Beyond already! I have and Beyond was

ny favorite followed by Edge!😎

I was interested in  how many solo travelers are on this sailing…. Looking for beach 🏖 buddies as to not get off the ship 🚢 alone at the islands😉

Just now, G-MONEY PRODUCTIONS said:

Hello 👋 is anyone sailing next week Feb 25 on the Celebrity Ascent interested in going to Virgin Gorda? 

Also has anyone else sailed all 3 Edge, Apex, Beyond already! I have and Beyond was

ny favorite followed by Edge!😎

I was interested in  how many solo travelers are on this sailing…. Looking for beach 🏖 buddies as to not get off the ship 🚢 alone at the islands😉

Post this comment in your roll call thread to reach people on your specific sailing.