Snorkeling on Jan. 27, 2024 Itinerary

burrma

I know many of the ports are good for snorkeling but does anyone have favourites and fairly close to the ports we are going to on this Cruise: Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curacao, Bonnaire.? Thanks

Bonaire and Grand Cayman have some of the best underwater scenery in the Caribbean.  Bonaire will be more shore snorkeling (which allows you to see more easily).  Cayman has lots of options also including Sting Rays and Turtles.  Curacao isn't terrible either.  A place like Tug Boat beach is really nice.  You may want to check out the Snorkeling and Scuba page on CC as well.  Lots of helpful information there.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 6:13 PM, stbr said:

Bonaire snorkeling:  Woodwind is beyond excellent.

Have taken them twice; fabulous but filled for this cruise.

On 1/7/2024 at 9:32 PM, Team Stag said:

Bonaire and Grand Cayman have some of the best underwater scenery in the Caribbean.  Bonaire will be more shore snorkeling (which allows you to see more easily).  Cayman has lots of options also including Sting Rays and Turtles.  Curacao isn't terrible either.  A place like Tug Boat beach is really nice.  You may want to check out the Snorkeling and Scuba page on CC as well.  Lots of helpful information there.

Thanks

Edited by burrma

On 1/7/2024 at 2:24 PM, burrma said:

I know many of the ports are good for snorkeling but does anyone have favourites and fairly close to the ports we are going to on this Cruise: Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curacao, Bonnaire.? Thanks

Bonaire.  We took a ships excursion, the boat pulled right up to the ship and picked us up.  It was probably the best ships excursion we've ever taken. PS: I used to live in Exeter, Ontario. 

• Like 1

We are going on that cruise. We booked a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers and will be driving it along the shoreline. There are small beaches, one after another, marked by small yellow stones I believe,  where just just pull up and shore snorkel to your heart's content. We did it two other times and it was fantastic. As much as I love to snorkel, I am uncomfortable in deep water and hate holding up a group while I get my nerve up.  The other benefit is that you can cruise on the main roads and see the whole island.

• Like 1

Grand Cayman Eden Rock as mentioned above. Get off tender and make a left 10 minute walk.

Bonaire, Klein Bonaire water taxi. Get off of ship walk right 5 minutes to water taxi.

Both places rent equipment.

We love Cas Abao on Curacao.  A beach within a horseshoe-shaped rock formation.  About a 40 minute cab ride, but it's awesome.  Been there three times.  We also second Woodwind.  Ulf and Diane do an excellent job.  Walk to the boat.