Reserve Collection Mini Suite Royal Princess

resordanis

Posted (edited)

Morning all,

I am considering putting in a bid for a Reserve Collection Mini on our next cruise on Royal Princess. Are they all great cabin locations or are some not so great? As it is a long cruise, I don’t want to be stuck with an undesirable location. Walking is not a problem, so distance from lifts isn’t an issue. The problem is, once I bid and get a cabin, I am stuck with the cabin for 21 nights.

Just would like some information before I put in the bid.

Thanks

Edited by resordanis
Added

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Morning all,

I am considering putting in a bid for a Reserve Collection Mini on our next cruise on Royal Princess. Are they all great cabin locations or are some not so great? As it is a long cruise, I don’t want to be stuck with an undesirable location. Walking is not a problem, so distance from lifts isn’t an issue. The problem is, once I bid and get a cabin, I am stuck with the cabin for 21 nights.

Just would like some information before I put in the bid.

Thanks

Reserve Mini Suites are mid ship. Location means a lot to some and zero to others. You need to pull the deck plan and see for yourself where they are located 

18 minutes ago, memoak said:

Reserve Mini Suites are mid ship. Location means a lot to some and zero to others. You need to pull the deck plan and see for yourself where they are located 

Thank you. I did read elsewhere that some are located at the front of the ship, this information might be incorrect as I also thought all were mid ship.

22 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thank you. I did read elsewhere that some are located at the front of the ship, this information might be incorrect as I also thought all were mid ship.

Marina 107 and 108, Lido 107 and 108 are all Club Class Mini Suites. I refuse to use the new name... 🙅‍♂️

28 minutes ago, resordanis said:

As others have said, there are four Reserves at the front corners of the ship on Royal Class, they're a category M6, and they're wonderful. Nice, spacious cabins with good separation of the bedroom from the other area. The decks of all of them are very large, and the ones on Marina deck are huge. They're over the bridge, which gives you a great view. Since they're high up in the ship and far forward, you might get more motion there. We haven't so far, but that certainly could happen. One thing that many people really dislike that doesn't both us is the fact that the deck railing is solid steel, rather than plexiglass. 

39 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

Marina 107 and 108, Lido 107 and 108 are all Club Class Mini Suites. I refuse to use the new name... 🙅‍♂️

Oops forgot about those front cabins. Personally they have to much pitching for me but of course I love aft cabins 

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

When we bid for Reserve class there was two different prices for M6 and M1 so you knew which cabin position you were bidding for. 

When we got the offer to bid, the minimum bid for the Forward Facing Club Class Mini-Suite was less than the minimum bid for the Club Class Mini-Suite.  I am glad there was a distinction because I wouldn’t want the Forward Facing Mini-Suite due to the metal balcony railing.  I prefer plexiglass so I can see the water when sitting down.  

36 minutes ago, antmaril said:

When we got the offer to bid, the minimum bid for the Forward Facing Club Class Mini-Suite was less than the minimum bid for the Club Class Mini-Suite.  I am glad there was a distinction because I wouldn’t want the Forward Facing Mini-Suite due to the metal balcony railing.  I prefer plexiglass so I can see the water when sitting down.  

Thanks all for the information. Bidding doesn’t open for a couple days, but am glad I am now informed. I don’t mind the idea of the front facing, but think we will bid on the other. Considering the length of the cruise and a lot of sea days we might like to use the balcony on those sea days, weather permitting!

• Like 1