Has anyone seen the pistaschio pudding lately in the International Cafe?

AlpacaBag

45 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

I realize this might vary ship to ship, voyage to voyage, but has anyone seen the pistachio pudding at the international cafe lately?

They had GF pistachio pudding on the Sapphire last month at the IC and also pistachio pound cake, regular.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AlpacaBag said:

I realize this might vary ship to ship, voyage to voyage, but has anyone seen the pistachio pudding at the international cafe lately?

There was some at least one day on Royal Princess in December. I only remember because my husband likes pistachio and I was going to tell him.... (I think I forgot to tell him. Oh, well.)

• Haha 1

Just now, Firefly74 said:

There was some at least one day on Royal Princess in December. I only remember because my husband likes pistachio and I was going to tell him.... (I think I forgot to tell him. Oh, well.)

Thank you!! I haven't cruised Princess since 2015 and still dream of the pistachio pudding from the IC!

2 minutes ago, Coolmama_1 said:

For me, it's the chicken salad at the IC!

Haven't seen that in years at the IC!....gone too is the shrimp salad.

Yes....still have that green pudding with the dollop of red

I don't remember if they had it on my sailing this past September.  I love pistachios but found that pudding to be way too thick and heavy.  It's all subjective.  YMMV

I've been disappointed in buffet desserts for the past year or so, which seems to be mostly just cut-up cakes or pies, the same approach that Celebrity seems to take, which seem to be a way to cope with fuller ships and demand. In the first cruises after restart on Majestic, I remember individual cups of the pistachio creme brulee, and I got to know a Ukrainian pastry chef who obtained a supply of caramel pot de cremes for me every day from the kitchen, which are just amazing to me. I wish they'd do like HAL, and mimic the evening MDR dessert offerings, with small portions, as well as offer some sort of free scoop ice cream option, which Celebrity, HAL, and NCL have. 

The Pistachio Pudding was the staple of my diet on past cruises.

I stop by the IC every evening and sample some if it is available.

This Fall, we were on the Royal for 37 days and I think it was only in the IC for 2 or maybe 3 nights.  Better than never, but a far cry from how often it used to be available.

In case you were worried, I still didn't lose weight on all those nights when the pistachio was not available.