Checking a case of soda in at luggage drop

We have a cruise ex Brisbane next week with our family which includes 4 grandchildren so plan on bringing our allowed 12 cans of soft drink per cabin onboard . I read that this is OK as hand luggage but have also seen cruisers checking in same at luggage dropoff . Any Brisbane experience with this ?

If royal says carry on only in faq, just because someone pushed and got it checked doesnt make it right. I'm sure some have broken royals rules and checked it.

Doesnt say this is only for some markets. Says carry on only. Period. 

1 hour ago, radarcruiser said:

We checked a 24pack of waters in Miami this week. Showed up at our cabin safe and sound. Put it in a reusable grocery bag and taped it up with a luggage tag. 

You got lucky.

• Like 2

I did read someone whose luggage was under a suitcase where someone smuggled a bottle of wine in their suitcase that broke and leaked into their suitcase. At least if soda breaks it's not as bad as red wine? 

Always been those who smuggle on wine and even booze. Always will be. So nice I get 5 free drinks and dont need to worry. 

Carnival used to allow cans or bottles but then said cans only, to stop smuggling. Limited the size of ice chests to carry it on. The more people break the rules and then come here and cry when they lose that perk.