**Need recommendations pre-cruise hotels in Rome and post-cruise hotels in Venice for October, 2024**

Ladylisa5005

Hello everyone,

Can I please get some recommendations for hotels in Rome and Venice for our Princess cruise?

I would like something in central Rome, not too far from all the attractions and such.

Thanks!

Edited by Ladylisa5005

14 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

The Ports of Call boards for Italy would be a good place to start.  TripAdvisor is good, too.  EM

EXACTLY!!! You will find a wealth of information that way. It is port specific.

In Venice, I can recommend Hotel Firenze. Near St Mark's square, independently and locally owned and operated. Small hotel, but cute. We had a nice balcony and there is a roof terrace.

In Rome, Hotel Dei Mellini. Near the Vatican. Rome's a big place so no hotel can be near everything.

My daughter and her new husband stayed at Hotel Manfredi in Rome for their honeymoon after their cruise ended and they absolutely loved it. It is very near the Spanish Steps and in a lovely part of town. They said it made a perfect base for exploring the city and it is very charming, not your usual cookie cutter hotel rooms. 

Are you open to Airbnb as well?  We stayed in an Airbnb in Monti the week before our transatlantic.  Super convenient location.  Everything was within walking distance.  Fantastic apartment for under 200 a night.  I wish I was there right now! 

(The body on the bed did not come with the apartment. That is my jet-lagged husband who fell asleep while I was talking to our hostess.) 

Monti airbnb bedroom.jpg

Monti airbnb kitchen.jpg

monti airbnb living room.jpg