Quebec Embarkation day and Overnight

Denmal

We have done overnight in a port before but not on embarkation day.  We will be sailing on the Emerald from Quebec to Boston beginning on 7/3/2024.  We will board as early as we can as elite in order to get the scantuary.   My question is after we board and get scantuary and drop bags in the room. Will we be able to get back off to go into Quebec?  I just wonder how it all works on embarkation day.  Anyone experience  this before ?  We do have the whole next day but want to see as much as we can ...

Thanks for any info. 

Boarding begins at the same time as other ports, begins between 11 and noon.  You may leave after checking in and muster station procedures.  The jet way will be open from the night before until you sail away (45 hours).  There will be waves of passengers as flights, buses, trains arrive.  As far as I can remember (last summer), same door for incoming/outgoing.

There should be a shuttle that takes you to a "bridge" that leads into the bottom of old town.

1 hour ago, Denmal said:

We have done overnight in a port before but not on embarkation day.  We will be sailing on the Emerald from Quebec to Boston beginning on 7/3/2024.  We will board as early as we can as elite in order to get the scantuary.   My question is after we board and get scantuary and drop bags in the room. Will we be able to get back off to go into Quebec?  I just wonder how it all works on embarkation day.  Anyone experience  this before ?  We do have the whole next day but want to see as much as we can ...

Thanks for any info. 

Thanks for posting this. We will be on that cruise and we were curious too.

We took a cruise out of Quebec a few years ago - spent a night in a B&B then checked onto the ship at the normal boarding time the following day and after spending some time in the cabin getting situated we headed back out and spent the afternoon and evening enjoying Quebec.  I can't imagine that ability has changed.  BTW it was one of our favorites so far - enjoy!!!

• Like 2