Solo on Viking Ocean cruise

gailellen12

I've cruised solo twice on Viking Ocean and it is currently my favorite line, though I have to watch for sales like a hawk and jump on good ones right away because they usually don't give much of a break on the solo supplement.  Not sure what type of info you are looking for, but happy to answer any questions you have if I can.

(I am about to leave for my 2nd Viking River cruise, by the way.  My first one was in late October and I had no plans to cruise again so soon, but there was such a good sale on this one I couldn't resist!  I'd prefer to do Viking Ocean but haven't seen such deals there lately.)

I looked at booking a Viking Ocean cruise that friends are sailing on in May, and they are charging the full 100% solo supplement which made a DV cabin about $1000 per day for only me. And they aren't all inclusive. I'm also not happy with the Viking policy of payment in full a year (or more) out from the sailing date! Nope.

I would love to go on a Viking Ocean cruise but will also need to see a lower per diem rate.  I'll keep looking and watching!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2

I am cruising on the Viking Orion in May solo. How do they handle dining solo? Will I always have to eat by myself, or will I be able to share a table with others?

10 hours ago, Tinyrn said:

I am cruising on the Viking Orion in May solo. How do they handle dining solo? Will I always have to eat by myself, or will I be able to share a table with others?

On my Viking Ocean cruise this past summer, they had a singles get together, announced in the daily program, in a lounge the first night of the cruise. I was able to meet some very nice solos and we arranged to have dinner together for most of the 14 days of the cruise. However, this was the only singles get together for the entire cruise, so if you want to meet other solos, make sure you attend this get together.

• Like 1