Internet on the Zuiderdam is excellent

15 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Internet on the Zuiderdam is excellent. Even on the Amazon.😀

The internet on this cruise has been so fast it is no longer a concern or limitation - I can do pretty much anything I would do ashore.  

image.thumb.png.f2befbeb16ace5bf9f207fff7e8fd416.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

I’m on the spring TA as well. I’m almost scared that the internet is good. I need to unplug Hope I can have some self control. 

Here we go, try thinking you have one of those big plastic dog collars around your neck, like recommended during the past covid days, That way you could pretend you had a barrier that kept your cross-contamination fingers out of your own nose, eyes and mouth.  

Put this same imaginary dog collar on,  but this time use it to keep your head from bending over to look and stay plugged into an internet device.  

Woof.  Just kidding of course. 🙀

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:29 PM, erdufylla said:

Excellent to hear! I’m doing a transatlantic on her this spring, and I was hoping to be able to get a little work done on some of the at sea days. 

The internet may be fast but it's also subject to satellite connectivity.  We did a transpacific and there were a couple of dead spots where there was no internet.  I can't address the Atlantic coverage.

4 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Here we go, try thinking you have one of those big plastic dog collars around your neck, like recommended during the past covid days, That way you could pretend you had a barrier that kept your cross-contamination fingers out of your own nose, eyes and mouth.  

Put this same imaginary dog collar on,  but this time use it to keep your head from bending over to look and stay plugged into an internet device.  

Woof.  Just kidding of course. 🙀

The cone of shame!

4 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

The internet may be fast but it's also subject to satellite connectivity.  We did a transpacific and there were a couple of dead spots where there was no internet.  I can't address the Atlantic coverage.

That’s ok. I fully expect that. None of the work I do is super critical, and all my clients know I’ll be on this trip with limited connectivity. A lot of the work I expect I’ll be doing can be done offline (and I don’t plan on doing a lot of work), so when I can connect, great! And when I can’t… guess I’ll just have to lounge with a margarita and a book… Real shame, that.

• Like 2

Different ships, but I completed a Transatlantic last month on Nieuw Statendam (Nov 26 - Dec 10) and found internet reliably stable and fast. I had only a few short-lived occurances of it being glitchy or not working.

Same for K'dam Pacific roundtrip San Diego / Hawaii (Dec 21 - Jan 6).

I did upgrade to Premium on both so I could work which requires calls, Teams and Skype.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Working fine for me 

It's working fine today but was out most of yesterday afternoon and then you had to go thru a specific logout/login sequence to reconnect. But over all it has been great and so much better than previous years. Bound to be an outage here and there.

• Like 1