Celebrity cruise consultant

Yodalicious

We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise in May,  I booked directly online, but as we get closer, I have questions. We always had a Personal cruise consultant assigned when we cruised Holland America.  Does Celebrity assign a cruise Consultant?

we have had personal Celebrity reps. in the past.    You can request one.  However, there has been a huge turnover in personnel especially in the last year at Celebrity.   So, no guarantee  there     

• Like 1

If you booked online the  personal planning dept wouldn't know you want one.  Phone the customer service number on their website directly 1-888-307-8413 and request.  It will be interesting to know if they assign one to you.  The staff has dramatically been reduced.  They may direct you to general service which will address your concerns/bookings/etc but it will not be 'personal'....a different contact each time you call, but a human contact  ☺️.  I've had a planner for years but service has changed;  takes quite a while for an email or phone reply as she's very busy with increased clientele and reduced number of planners.

Edited by Oceangoer2

I was told that the dedicated personal planners have been eliminated.  You will most likely get a different individual each time whose expertise varies.

1 minute ago, keesar said:

I was told that the dedicated personal planners have been eliminated.  You will most likely get a different individual each time whose expertise varies.

No....not eliminated but greatly reduced in number.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yodalicious said:

We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise in May.

Does Celebrity assign a cruise Consultant?

Not sure--- Not necessary --- We had one assigned " years " ago--- Never returned phone calls.

Not trying to be funny here, but, CC is an excellent site for any questions about Celebrity.

It appears that more than 50% are suite passengers with many years cruising experience, and , from my perspective very fair in their comments.

Enjoy your first of many Celebrity cruises like most of us.

(You will notice some Threads/Posts that are nonsense --- just ignore them )

• Like 1

When we booked a suite this past summer we were assigned a 'consultant'.  Frankly, she was close to worthless.  Her only interest in us was trying to book additional family and friends on our voyage.  Never called back if you left a message.  Emailed her once and got a reply 5 days later.  The Retreat Concierge line is better but you will get different answers to the same question every time you speak to someone.  And the wait times on the line can be horrendous!  

I have always used a cruise planner from Celebrity ( 20 years) and i am one of the lucky ones as mine is still working for Celebrity and is FANTASTIC!! Returns calls and emails within an hour at most . Helpful with Questions etc. and always comes up with a better price than online!!

2 hours ago, Pear30 said:

I have always used a cruise planner from Celebrity ( 20 years) and i am one of the lucky ones as mine is still working for Celebrity and is FANTASTIC!! Returns calls and emails within an hour at most . Helpful with Questions etc. and always comes up with a better price than online!!

Lucky you....your planners name or starting initial?  We have a planner (5 years) who is very happy she wasn't let go ;  but she says there are only 10-13 CVP's now and she is handling all the clients of other 'retired' planners as well as her own.  A few days or more for email and phone inquiries.  We've had 3 planners in 15 years and it seems every 5 they're promoted/changed.  All have been excellent until recently.  She was always 'fine' until the last half of 2023.  Thankfully I don't have reason to call very often unless changes to cabin or price reduction...which isn't happening anymore it seems...😕.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:09 PM, Pear30 said:

you are so lucky. We had a great one….now gone.  New guy assigned to us. 🤔.   think looking more for commission