Ducks

pajazz28

3 hours ago, 1BDNANA said:

They have so many younger children on those ships and they did a lot of ducky misuse. Throwing them overboard, the pools would be full of them, and they would have to fish them out. even the toilets in the cabins had some clogs where youngins try to flush them. And at the end of cruises the parents didn't want to deal with a load of ducks to take home so just left them in the cabin or in the trash. So I can totally understand that decision. And no one tells a toddler not to throw a toy duck off of the ship and lives to tell the tale.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I'm not sailing with DCL so it doesn't matter. I do understand that it does bother some people.

I wondered what was the last straw given straws aren't allowed.   I would occasionally see adults toss ducks  overboard "fly free little ducky" on Carnival which I was told "didn't happen".  For DCL, not only to ban them in public spaces but direct crew to find and remove was a surprise.  

45 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I wondered what was the last straw given straws aren't allowed.   I would occasionally see adults toss ducks  overboard "fly free little ducky" on Carnival which I was told "didn't happen".  For DCL, not only to ban them in public spaces but direct crew to find and remove was a surprise.  

I hope that the behavior that happened on DCL doesn't happen on CCL but if it does then I wouldn't be surprised if CCL takes a similar stand.

13 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Since we are cruising with littles this time we bought 50 ducks for them to hide. As long as ducks aren't hidden where they shouldn't be (shops, toilets, safety equipment) I don't see it as a big deal. 

I think it's great - they'll have blast hiding them and make some fun memories. 🐤 hopefully they'll be watching when someone finds one they hid.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:38 AM, teknoge3k said:

On most if not all cruises, passengers hide and find ducks. If you find a duck, you can keep it or rehide it. It's been going on for years. Jeep owners do the same thing on land.

If you find the jeep do you get to keep it? 

On 1/14/2024 at 12:56 PM, 1BDNANA said:

You needed to throw some glitter on that girl. You may have been ducked.🤪

😀my sister has a Jeep and she gets lots of ducks. I day I was sitting in the passenger seat in a parking lot, someone walked up and handed me a duck…….. before then I thought they just left them on the bumper.

4 hours ago, Ken_W said:

I can't really get into looking for ducks,so instead how about emeralds? 

Ypu can look all you want, but I'm fairly certain nobody is hiding emeralds. The ones you find in the onboard jewelry shop can be really expensive- ducks are free.

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Ypu can look all you want, but I'm fairly certain nobody is hiding emeralds. The ones you find in the onboard jewelry shop can be really expensive- ducks are free.

Shoot.. I wish they would hide some emeralds!!! you guys would see me flippin chairs looking for those bad boys.😃👀

• Haha 1