Cabin Waitlist Question

Hello, 

Does anyone have experience with wait listing a cabin? I have a hold on a port balcony cabin, while I check on airfare, work etc. While on the phone with Royal the rep told me there is 1 aft balcony also on hold, through a TA. And that cabin needs to be paid by this Tuesday or the hold will fall off. I would LOVE to have that aft cabin. The Royal rep, put us on a waitlist for that specific cabin number. And recommended that I call back on Tuesday/Wednesday to check if the cabin becomes available.

My question is this: 

Does wait listing a specific cabin, or even a cabin category, does it work? If the cabin becomes available, will my reservation be automatically switched to that room? 

Has this ever worked for anyone? Or is it just a joke?

Thanks for your help. Stacey

On 1/13/2024 at 4:43 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I have never found a rep that will ever offer information about a specific cabin and whether it was booked or on hold.

I was surprised when the rep gave me that info. I have since called back, twice. Once the rep confirmed the hold was still active. And once the rep just said the cabin was unavailable. 

Just wanted to update you on this....

According to the original rep, the room that I wanted to switch to, was on hold through a travel agent, until Jan 16 at 11:00pm. 

So, last night I was on the phone with Royal at 10:57pm. I explained the situation, and at 11:01 the rep refreshed his computer screen and the coveted AFT balcony appeared and he grabbed it for me ☺️😁☺️

So excited to be back on the Explorer, on the AFT!!!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Blessedwith10 said:

According to the original rep, the room that I wanted to switch to, was on hold through a travel agent, until Jan 16 at 11:00pm. 

So, last night I was on the phone with Royal at 10:57pm. I explained the situation, and at 11:01 the rep refreshed his computer screen and the coveted AFT balcony appeared and he grabbed it for me ☺️😁☺️

Congrats! Nice score.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 12:28 PM, Blessedwith10 said:

Congrats on the score. We love aft balconies. Our next one will be on the Icon.

• Thanks 1