Booked 2 cabins for our family; how to move kids?

We are a family of 4 and just booked 2 balcony guarantee cabins for Christmas 2024. Our kids are 19 and 14. When I made the reservation I discovered that Royal will not let my 19 and 14 year old kids to be booked in the cabin alone since neither are 21 yet so I booked one room with me and my youngest and my wife and older daughter in the other. My plan is to switch when we arrive. 

How have people done multiple cabins for families before?

we booked guaranteed balcony’s to save money; it is a couple grand saving. I realize the rooms could (and likely will be) on different ends of the ship and different decks. 

14 minutes ago, jammin said:

We are a family of 4 and just booked 2 balcony guarantee cabins for Christmas 2024. Our kids are 19 and 14. When I made the reservation I discovered that Royal will not let my 19 and 14 year old kids to be booked in the cabin alone since neither are 21 yet so I booked one room with me and my youngest and my wife and older daughter in the other. My plan is to switch when we arrive. 

How have people done multiple cabins for families before?

we booked guaranteed balcony’s to save money; it is a couple grand saving. I realize the rooms could (and likely will be) on different ends of the ship and different decks. 

Just get some spare keys from guest service 

31 minutes ago, jammin said:

Which would mean they are in different muster stations, and you'll be required to go to the station you are assigned to by your booking. Just something else to be aware of when doing this. (That would mean that at night, should there be an emergency requiring you to go to your muster stations, whoever changed cabins from their assigned one would have to make sure they go to the right one - meaning kids would be solo until the respective parent assigned to their gets there.)

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Which would mean they are in different muster stations, and you'll be required to go to the station you are assigned to by your booking. Just something else to be aware of when doing this. (That would mean that at night, should there be an emergency requiring you to go to your muster stations, whoever changed cabins from their assigned one would have to make sure they go to the right one - meaning kids would be solo until the respective parent assigned to their gets there.)

Depending on where each muster station is, probably best to find an emergency family meeting location.  Everyone meets so the parents can exchange kids, then continue to their respective stations.

We did this with our 16 and 17 years old grand daughters. After our cabins were assigned I called in and had our cabins changed to side by side ones. Onboard wife and I got key cards from GS for the cabin we were not in so we slept together and grand kids did also in cabin next door.

Edited by robtulipe