Question re:Plus package, b2b cruises and casual meals

chamima

So the talk about Shareholder benefits got me to thinking so I looked up my cruises. We booked as 2 cruises B2B but when I looked up what's offered there are actually 5 different ways to book them .

I know that when we've had B2Bs in the past we have to go through customs every time a new cruise starts.

Will we have to go through customs (and thus waste a lot of the day) at every embarkation port, even though we are supposedly sailing through?

(Do I need to start a new topic on the Princess thread for this question?)

27 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I will try to explain it one more time … 

if we get 4 specialty dinners with a B2B with the Premier package, doesn’t it make sense that you get 4 casual dining meals with the Plus package on a B2B?    

Lol. Two different Packages. 

28 minutes ago, chamima said:

So the talk about Shareholder benefits got me to thinking so I looked up my cruises. We booked as 2 cruises B2B but when I looked up what's offered there are actually 5 different ways to book them .

I know that when we've had B2Bs in the past we have to go through customs every time a new cruise starts.

Will we have to go through customs (and thus waste a lot of the day) at every embarkation port, even though we are supposedly sailing through?

Good question. Start a new topic and let’s see the replies. We’re on a b2b this summer. 

47 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I will try to explain it one more time … 

if we get 4 specialty dinners with a B2B with the Premier package, doesn’t it make sense that you get 4 casual dining meals with the Plus package on a B2B?    

I think the confusion is you had 2 booking numbers so yes, you received 2 SD each segment. The OP is wanting to know if they booked the cruise as just ONE sailing/voyage would they be entitled to 2 casual each segment? I believe the consensus is NO, your cruise is considered 1 voyage, but @SargassoPirate says supervisor said they would get 2 casual for each segment even though they booked as just 1 voyage, so it is not clear and may be ship dependent?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I think the confusion is you had 2 booking numbers so yes, you received 2 SD each segment. The OP is wanting to know if they booked the cruise as just ONE sailing/voyage would they be entitled to 2 casual each segment? I believe the consensus is NO, your cruise is considered 1 voyage, but @SargassoPirate says supervisor said they would get 2 casual for each segment even though they booked as just 1 voyage, so it is not clear and may be ship dependent?

Thank you Wally … you always make sense.
I will let the others try to figure out what I was trying to explain. 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, chamima said:

It depends on where the turn around ports are located, the itinerary, and when the ship first ports in the turn around country. There is no blanket answer. It's itinerary and country specific. It has nothing to do with how the sailing was booked. Here is some general information.

If these ports are U.S. ports then you are required to go through immigration. You can do this by meeting on the ship with many others and be guided through immigration by a staff member, or you can just exit the ship with your passport and turn around card to visit the port and go through immigration on your exit. There is no customs inspection. Luggage and all belongings remain in your cabin. One U.S. exception is Whitter, AK. On that itinerary you go through U.S. immigration in Vancouver so no further immigration in AK.

If your ports are not in the U.S. then usually there is no immigration or customs. You just treat it like any other port day. In all cases any legal requirements will be detailed in your cabin. Read and follow the instructions carefully.

• Like 2

On embarkation day, this was the poster on the sales table that showed the benefits of both packages.  Since I'm on for five segments that I booked as one cruise, I wanted to be assured that the casual dining benefit would be two per segment and not simply two for 111 days.  Notice the poster lists fitness classes at two per cruise.  Casual dining was not listed for the Plus, and yet a screen shot from Princess.com the night before listed casual dining two per cruise.

The staff on board didn't know what they were selling and I wasn't going to buy a pig in a poke.

IMG_20240104_140615526_HDR.thumb.jpg.526a5ed1613dd9d7e5d65f2bb9a1ab74.jpg

3 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

On embarkation day, this was the poster on the sales table that showed the benefits of both packages.  Since I'm on for five segments that I booked as one cruise, I wanted to be assured that the casual dining benefit would be two per segment and not simply two for 111 days.  Notice the poster lists fitness classes at two per cruise.  Casual dining was not listed for the Plus, and yet a screen shot from Princess.com the night before listed casual dining two per cruise.

The staff on board didn't know what they were selling and I wasn't going to buy a pig in a poke.

IMG_20240104_140615526_HDR.thumb.jpg.526a5ed1613dd9d7e5d65f2bb9a1ab74.jpg

1 minute ago, SargassoPirate said:

And this was my screenshot the night before boarding.

Screenshot_20240104-072529.thumb.png.26a507b18b424427646f86c70ed23746.png

@SargassoPirate - Notice how the last three items on your screenshot say "NEW".

That flyer must have been printed up before Princess decided to charge for casual dining, Ocean Now Delivery and Room Service for most passengers but make them part of the plus package.

We noticed the same thing on our last cruise in December .

They must have printed up thousands of flyers and just decided to use them, even though they're outdated.

In the end - you DO have the plus package - right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

@SargassoPirate - Notice how the last three items on your screenshot say "NEW".

That flyer must have been printed up before Princess decided to charge for casual dining, Ocean Now Delivery and Room Service for most passengers but make them part of the plus package.

We noticed the same thing on our last cruise in December .

They must have printed up thousands of flyers and just decided to use them, even though they're outdated.

In the end - you DO have the plus package - right?

Yes, I went ahead a purchased the Plus after the supervisor assured me that the "per cruise" benefits were per segment and that the casual dining was included and also per segment regardless of what their little poster showed.

I'll find out for sure on the next segment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 2:58 PM, Steelers36 said:

No more "wee drams" for you!

The "wee dreams" are not so wee with the package. I've been happy with the Plus since I don't have to go down to guest services every day or so to get someone else's bar tab removed from my folio.

I guess I'm a convert to the Plus until the next cruise when SWMBO is with me. Then it's back to a la carte.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

The "wee dreams" are not so wee with the package. I've been happy with the Plus since I don't have to go down to guest services every day or so to get someone else's bar tab removed from my folio.

I guess I'm a convert to the Plus until the next cruise when SWMBO is with me. Then it's back to a la carte.

@SargassoPirate - try telling SWMBO that she can get a cappuccino from Room Service for breakfast (or a midnight snack) with the Plus package. There are all kinds of benefits way beyond any alcoholic drinks!

• Like 3

On 1/16/2024 at 10:30 AM, chamima said:

That will depend on which country the turnaround day is scheduled for.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 1:20 PM, lahlah57 said:

Yes and thats exactly what we did back in november. Unlimited casual. 

If you use the casual dinning is there any extra fees: like tips, the actual food in the casual restaurants.  Newbie here and thinking about trying out the plus or premier.  Can't decide which would be better for our group.  Sadly only 2 of the 3 of us want the packages so we were told we would need to buy it on board.  Hoping that is also true.  Passenger #1 doesn't want it.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:10 PM, SargassoPirate said:

I just enjoyed an included casual dining on the second segment without any charge showing up on my folio, so I guess it works.

So are you saying you used 2 casual dining meals per person on the first "segment" and then were able to use a casual dining without fees on the second "segment" even though you booked both segments together as one cruise? We're going on a cruise we booked as a 20 day cruise but it's really 2 ten day cruises B2B. Thanks