Booked onboard and credited to TA, but no word since.

We booked a cruise for October while on the Volendam in December. I don’t have a “regular” TA, but had booked this particular cruise through one because the price had jumped a bit and she still had the lower pricing for some reason. When booking the new cruise onboard I had a choice of it being thru HAL or going to the TA. As my AARP wasn’t showing on the booking initially, I decided to give the booking to the TA, so she could sort that out rather than me. Of course once I completed the booking, the AARP OBC did show up just fine. I was told by the cruise consultant onboard that I would get an email from the TA shortly with the booking details. I never got anything, and had him print me out a booking confirmation before disembarking. We’ve been home now for over a month and I still haven’t received anything at all from the TA. I guess I will call her, but I am wondering now if I even want to give her the booking after all. Has anyone dealt with this before? Can I transfer this to another TA or to my HAL cruise planner? 

I believe that you can always move your booking to another TA or to a HAL PCC but there may be a form you would need to sign before they can do it. The exact details of how to get it done have changed. I would call the agency you plan to move it to and ask them how exactly to accomplish it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

We’ve been home now for over a month and I still haven’t received anything at all from the TA. I guess I will call her, but I am wondering now if I even want to give her the booking after all. Has anyone dealt with this before? Can I transfer this to another TA or to my HAL cruise planner? 

I think there is a time limit. DNK if it is 30, 60, or 90 days. After that it is a much more complicated process.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

I was told by the cruise consultant onboard that I would get an email from the TA shortly with the booking details. I never got anything ...

I am sure the TA has the booking and has also been waiting for your call to see if you want anything changed or just leave it the way it was booked.  I am not surprised at all that the onboard cruise consultant would tell you how your TA should run his business.  They have absolutely no idea how your TA operates and shoudn't be speaking for them.  They usually have trouble knowing how to run their own business.  😉  Call your TA and put your mind at ease.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rather interesting that you would choose to start a thread here before calling, emailing or dropping in to the TA's office. When we booked our next cruise while on board, we gave our TA a heads up by email while we were still on the ship, to expect the booking and we received our invoice by email a short time later. That booking has grown considerably since then, the 14 day booking is now combined with a 29 day sailing to make a B2B of 43 days. Hopefully a quick attempt to contact your TA will give you the answers to ease your mind.

I work for a large online agency and can affirm that 60-70% of onboard bookings we never get notified by the cruise lines and only find out once we speak with the client. This is one of many reasons a good TA will do a welcome home call within 7-10 days post sailing

If the agent is part of a larger agency/consortium the email on the booking may have gone to one central email for the agency, not directly to the agent. You’d be surprised at the thousands of emails large agency’s get a day and how difficult is is to route those to the correct agents. Things get lost in the shuffle frequently. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Grammar