Can we adjust # staying per cabin?

tmarch11

Hello, all.  Looking for input from experienced cruisers.  My husband and I are cruising on the Vista with our 3 young adult children in June.  The ship is almost at capacity.  We'd like to get a Havana cabana for my husband and me and the 3 kids a balcony.  Right now, we'd be able to book a Havana cabana for the party of 3 but it's not available for the party of 2.  My understanding is that both cabins could be fit out for 3 people but that, due to capacity limitations with lifeboats, certain rooms are designated 2-person and others higher capacity.  We'd just like to flip flop which room has 2 and which has 3.  Has anyone ever had success either before the cruise or actually on the ship getting the ok to reconfigure and make up the couch as a bed in a 2 person room?  When I called the 800 number they've told me I can't, but it just doesn't make sense to me since it has no impact on the bodies on the ship.

Book the rooms whichever way makes sense for you.  Once on board you can sleep wherever you chose.  You can go to guest services and get an extra room key.  One person in your party will have to carry around 2 cards.  Sail and Sign card and room key card.  No big deal.

• Like 3

Not sure @tmarch11 but it does sound like you got an answer from Carnival.  Here's one suggestion. Request a PVP (no, we're not allowed to make recommendations here) and see if you can get them to personally look into it for you. Your situation is quite 'technical' so I'd be leery of internet 'armchairs' chiming in too much with definitive answers, even if well intentioned.

There's no doubt '24 is filling up. Getting exactly what one wants is certainly a challenge. Perhaps a Plan B? I promise you'll still enjoy your cruise. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tmarch11 said:

When I called the 800 number they've told me I can't, but it just doesn't make sense to me since it has no impact on the bodies on the ship.

It could impact revenue.

Are the two cabins in the same general area?  If they don't have the same muster stations, that may be a reason to enforce the room limit.

Also, bear in mind that you would be asking the steward to service a room with 3 people (including converting the bed), but unless the other cabin is part of their responsibility, he or she would only be receiving gratuities for 2 people.