Ultimate Beach Experience: Hotel Emotions Beach Break- in Puerto Plata- Cancel if booked!!!

dg33

We did the above ship tour yesterday and it was horrid! The resort was very full so chairs at the pool and beach were few and far between- no sectioned off area for us as in past beach excursions. No umbrellas as advertised- told that because of wind, they don’t have them. Many resorts on the beach used them.  Cups and plates left everywhere. Drinks and food included- BUT water given in cups not bottles, only Dominican alcohol brands allowed for our group. Then the food! We ate at the buffet on the beach. I am not a picky eater but this food was inedible. Hamburgers and hot dogs made with some kind of fillers, fried chicken parts cut into small, little pieces. One man on our tour said this was the first $90 lunch of 2 plates of French fries he ever had! This was a pricy tour that Celebrity should be ashamed of offering it to their clientele. Cancel if you can!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dg33 said:

We did the above ship tour yesterday and it was horrid! The resort was very full so chairs at the pool and beach were few and far between- no sectioned off area for us as in past beach excursions. No umbrellas as advertised- told that because of wind, they don’t have them. Many resorts on the beach used them.  Cups and plates left everywhere. Drinks and food included- BUT water given in cups not bottles, only Dominican alcohol brands allowed for our group. Then the food! We ate at the buffet on the beach. I am not a picky eater but this food was inedible. Hamburgers and hot dogs made with some kind of fillers, fried chicken parts cut into small, little pieces. One man on our tour said this was the first $90 lunch of 2 plates of French fries he ever had! This was a pricy tour that Celebrity should be ashamed of offering it to their clientele. Cancel if you can!!

Was that the tour for $56 each. We have that reserved.  Thanks for info. 

Cruise Critic is a great source of info. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dg33 said:

Please use the QR code supplied for comments on shore excursions. They need to reconsider this tour.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Was that the tour for $56 each. We have that reserved.  Thanks for info. 

Cruise Critic is a great source of info. Thanks for posting. 

No, it was the more expensive one. Hopefully yours will be great!

6 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Please use the QR code supplied for comments on shore excursions. They need to reconsider this tour.

Where do I find the QR code?

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Did you report all of this to the Shorexcursions staff?

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Did you report all of this to the Shorexcursions staff?

Didn’t wait in line. I’ll try today.

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

File a Complaint with the Excursion mgr..

You should get some credit back, and they should re evalyate this tour!

Really not looking for credit. Just wanted to inform cruisers.

• Thanks 1

@dg33 Sounds a lot like a "beach resort" tour from The Allure we did in Jamaica. Paper cups; folding chairs lined up in long rows like an auditorium; cruddy cold empanadas; you weren't allowed to go get your "all you can drink" punch but had to wait for 1 of the 2 servers serving about 75 people; rocky beach; bar with $12 beer; 45 min bus ride each way. The real resort with the nice beach was separated from us by a big bamboo screen...  Pure delight.

Thank you for the review because we just booked this for our February 2025 cruise.  I just cancelled and am looking at another excursion for the port.

For $144.99 I want to enjoy my beach day and not get ripped off.

Edited by 563toM
cost

1 hour ago, 563toM said:

Thank you for the review because we just booked this for our February 2025 cruise.  I just cancelled and am looking at another excursion for the port.

For $144.99 I want to enjoy my beach day and not get ripped off.

Was that $144.99 per person you paid? Seems to be a discrepancy in prices. Seems the OP paid $56.

I had this excursion for the cruise on Silhouette in Dec  I found a very different experience I would book it again. Iknew when we got into port the beach might be not good however I did spend a little time there before going to the pool . Food was ok at the pool there were no lounge chairs however the attendant did find a chair to sit and a table for my drink which was fine pool not crowded it was close to lunch at the pool restaurant when he did find a lounge chair I thanked him but said i was going to lunch and perfer to sit after eating I found lunch fine although I do realize food tastes are subjective.Perhaps it was when you went that you found it crowded. I would not hesitate to do this excursion again and for those thinking about booking this do your own research again for me this excursion was fine. I would think that being an all inclusive resort it is possible that there were many people and it could be very crowded may depend on time of year and holidays as more people may choose this resort for vacation.I would not base my choice of excursions on one negative review

Thanks for chiming in "sailing the ocean blue". We have this excursion booked for April off Royal Caribbean AOTS. Also seen You Tube video by Nu Yawk if anyone interested among others

• 2 months later...

I don't think this poster is talking about the correct shore excursion. Both ParoDeeJay, and Nu Yawk did VERY recent YouTube videos of this excursion. NOTHING as described by the original poster.  Beautiful resort, nice offerings.