Does everyone stick to the arrival time Celebrity assigns you?

RossHaven

17 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

For my upcoming March cruise on Apex,  I completed the online check in 5 minutes after midnight on the day it opened and still the first available boarding time was 11:30am.  I will be none too happy if everyone else who checked in long after I did and gets assigned a later afternoon time, still shows up early, thinking they should be allowed to board whenever it suits them.

Are you sure that you got the right time?  It is in the time zone of where the cruise starts at.  Not your local time zone or Florida time zone unless the cruise starts in Florida.

We got an 11 AM check in and were there at 10:30.  We were one of the first on the ship.  It was very nice.  They will start taking bags about 30 minutes before 11.

23 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Good question. We have been assigned a 1:30 arrival time at FLL for a January 28th cruise. We have to c heck out at 10:30 from our hotel and certainly not want to wait around 2 hours to board. 

Haven’t sailed from terminal 25 in over a year.

thanks 

My thoughts also.  You have to be out of your hotel room with all of your luggage.  I have always just gone to the port and at least checked in my luggage.  Then if I have to wait, so be it.  A chance to meet some of your fellow cruisers!!!

22 hours ago, MR_T said:

For the Jan 8th equinox sailing that departed from terminal 19 we had 11.30am allotted time but arrived at the terminal at 10am as we had nowhere else to go.

Hey there! Did we run into each other on the cruise?

One thing that I should note that the Celebrity Equinox was undergoing their annual Coast Guard inspection, so a email was issued reminding up to stick with the assigned time. There were four times available to me: 1:00-1:30, 1:30-2:00, 2:00-2:30, and 2:30-3:00. As the bus left the hotel I stayed at at 10:30 AM, Noon, and 1:30 PM, I selected the noon bus departure and the 1:00 check-in slot. The hotel had no issues with people hanging around the hotel until the bus pick-up, as checkin wasn't until 3:00 PM. 

chrome 2024-01-20 08-57-43.png

January 3rd Hong Kong was a nightmare for embarkation despite having an allocated checkin time which we stuck to, it seemed everyone turned up together no organisation. Singapore disembarkation terrible, particularly if you have a celebrity transfer, few minutes to get off ship customs not too bad but had to wait in a queue for over a hour to be picked up.

47 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Are you sure that you got the right time?  It is in the time zone of where the cruise starts at.  Not your local time zone or Florida time zone unless the cruise starts in Florida.

We got an 11 AM check in and were there at 10:30.  We were one of the first on the ship.  It was very nice.  They will start taking bags about 30 minutes before 11.

Of course I have it right.  I'm in the same eastern time zone as Florida and the cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale.  My only thought was perhaps Celebrity holds earlier times for Concierge or Aqua class, since suites can board any time. Otherwise, I was expecting a better choice than 11:30 for being first out of the gate.

• Like 1

We got a 11:30 time for our cruise tomorrow from Port Everglades.  I was speaking to a Shoreside Concierge who said “ I just want to let to let you know the terminal isn’t opening until 11”.  

40 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Of course I have it right.  I'm in the same eastern time zone as Florida and the cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale.  My only thought was perhaps Celebrity holds earlier times for Concierge or Aqua class, since suites can board any time. Otherwise, I was expecting a better choice than 11:30 for being first out of the gate.

Afaik.. 11:30 is the earliest slot for Celebrity . We are in AQ class and that's our slot  for ASCENT 1/28.

We will allow time to drop off our luggage, circle around to park the  car, &  walk back to the gen entrance. Rainy weather is a factor as there is really no overhang from what I remember.

Edited by hcat

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

Afaik.. 11:30 is the earliest slot for Celebrity . We are in AQ class and that's our slot  for ASCENT 1/28.

My last cruise on Edge was in a sky suite, so this wasn't an issue.  Good to know for future reference if  I'm booking just a regular cabin again.

On 1/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, CruiserinCarlsbad said:

We are in no rush to get onboard for our February cruise.  We are scheduled for 1:30 pm, which is fine with us, because we check out of the hotel around 10 a.m. and go to brunch, have a reasonably priced drink or two, and then go to the terminal.  The day seems much more relaxed this way for us.  And our cabin is almost already cleaned by the time we get there.

Where do find anything reasonably priced anymore?