Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

From talk this morning.   Excellent !!

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8465.jpeg

IMG_8468.jpeg

IMG_8469.jpeg

Is that the Nautilus in the top picture?

If so, my oldest brother was the last non-commissioned officer off the sub when it was decommissioned back in 1980. I attended it's decommissioning. 

Really enjoying your review... We will be on the Eclipse February 17th and are also staying at the Sheraton the night before.  What travel company did you use to arrange transportation from the airport and also to the port?  I'm a little bit concerned about the boarding process because my husband uses a wheelchair. We are in an upper suite and I was hoping that would help us out a little bit but it appears that luggage drop off will be rather difficult. 

3 hours ago, BecT said:

If so, my oldest brother was the last non-commission officer off the sub when it was decommissioned back in 1980. I attended it's decommissioning. 

Really enjoying your review... We will be on the Eclipse February 17th and are also staying at the Sheraton the night before.  What travel company did you use to arrange transportation from the airport and also to the port?  I'm a little bit concerned about the boarding process because my husband uses a wheelchair. We are in an upper suite and I was hoping that would help us out a little bit but it appears that luggage drop off will be rather difficult. 

It is.   He was using it as example of how they discovered the under sea topography and the continental drift.   We used Viator.  Not the cheapest but extremely reliable in our experience)

they did a good job with wheel chairs.  I would not let that distract you. 

Edited by jimbo5544

The talks today focused on where we were going. Couple of days might have significant weather (Drakes passage) but a few days off.  ANother sea day and then ports start.  Will keep everynone informed along the way

I was trying to do screen shots where I could capture the detail of our journey (especially as we approach Antartica).  The journey is detailed and seeing it (vs words) makes one appreciate what we will do.  I will attempt to gather these in the next couple of days.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Nice picture 

which lounge is in this picture?

IMG_6767.thumb.jpeg.58eda5c063a953b13f74469cf67c34da.jpeg

I haven't been on Eclipse, but it looks like the Passport Bar to me, just off the Grand Foyer on Deck 3. The furniture is different than I've seen on other S-class ships, but it's been a while since I've been on one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cyntil8ing said:

I haven't been on Eclipse, but it looks like the Passport Bar to me, just off the Grand Foyer on Deck 3. The furniture is different than I've seen on other S-class ships, but it's been a while since I've been on one.

It just looked to bright for the Passport Bar from what I  remember , and like the furniture looks very different 

4 hours ago, BecT said:

If so, my oldest brother was the last non-commissioned officer off the sub when it was decommissioned back in 1980. I attended it's decommissioning. 

This may be old news.  Just checked and if you call celebrity they offer a transfer from the airport to the terminal for $29/each. 

I think you’re on your own at the terminal. Hopefully there would be a porter you can offer money to help. So far i have found no info.  

If your in an upper suite, by all means contact the retreat desk in Miami and request assistance. 

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is.   He was using it as example of how they discovered the under sea topography and the continental drift.   We used Viator.  Not the cheapest but extremely reliable in our experience)

they did a good job with wheel chairs.  I would not let that distract you. 

We have used Viator in the past when we cruised out of Barcelona. We were quite happy with them when we toured Rome. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

This may be old news.  Just checked and if you call celebrity they offer a transfer from the airport to the terminal for $29/each. 

I think you’re on your own at the terminal. Hopefully there would be a porter you can offer money to help. So far i have found no info.  

If your in an upper suite, by all means contact the retreat desk in Miami and request assistance. 

Thanks. We are spending the night at Sheraton  prior to the cruise.  I think we'll check with Viator first and also Miami Retreat desk. 

• Like 1