Live: Experienced cruisers try Celebrity 14 day cruise to Antartica on the Eclipse

jimbo5544

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

On our sailing we were def part of the “HOARDS”.

Us too, we had an early embarkation time but it meant absolutely nothing, we waited in crowded terminal for 2 hours....I wondered, at the time, if it was always so disorganized.

6 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Wow, what are they if not penguins?  Trying to decide whether to do this excursion along with Tierra Del Fuego in April, or just Tierra Del Fuego so really interested to hear what you think. 

They are in the bird family. They are called cormorants.  Our ship is FULL.  Will give you update later. 

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, KforKitty said:

We were on the 6 Jan departure in a suite and we were prioritised.  Through in around 15 minutes on arrival at the terminal.

Catherine

As suite guests We were prioritizing at the check in terminal also but it took us almost 3 hours with the long, long lines outside and then the disorganized mess in the baggage scan warehouse!

There was no priority there and and all the people who ignored the queue and pushed to the front and into the door were so very rude and added to everyone else’s problems.

17 hours ago, KforKitty said:

Both, but I think we just got lucky at the baggage drop as our taxi driver dropped us right at the door and we were just ushered past the waiting hoards.  

Catherine

You weren’t lucky - you jumped the Queue!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, biznews said:

Your photography is fabulous   Does it take long to up load ?   Your wifi must be pretty strong,  Is it consistent all over the ship?

The wifi is Starlink (Elon Musk) satellite service.  Outstanding.  I have premium wifi.  Wife and I share it.  We have basic included and it worked, but premium so much better.  

2 hours ago, sheeng said:

As suite guests We were prioritizing at the check in terminal also but it took us almost 3 hours with the long, long lines outside and then the disorganized mess in the baggage scan warehouse!

There was no priority there and and all the people who ignored the queue and pushed to the front and into the door were so very rude and added to everyone else’s problems.

No dog in this fight.  I am diamond on other lines.  I respect doing more for loyalty or specialty cabins.   We normally stay on suites.  All that said, and despite posts to the contrary, they did a crappy job (not the people working it, the ones above.  It was simply unacceptable.  Back tot he review.  

You can also select Wave heights on windy.com. By now maybe you are in Drake's Shake (or maybe Lake).

Looks like a beautiful day in Ushaia. Last time I was there, it was kind of miserable.

There are some penguins on an island near Usuaia. We could see them from the cruise ship (with a zoom lens). Isla Martillo, if you can find on a map.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You can also select Wave heights on windy.com. By now maybe you are in Drake's Shake (or maybe Lake).

Looks like a beautiful day in Ushaia. Last time I was there, it was kind of miserable.

There are some penguins on an island near Usuaia. We could see them from the cruise ship (with a zoom lens). Isla Martillo, if you can find on a map.

According to locals we were extremely lucky.  

50 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I can def relate to drakes shakes (last night).  We will see what early tomorrow brings (Cape Horn).