long beach cruise terminal

vbecky

2 hours ago, vbecky said:

Been a while since cruised out of long beach cruise terminal. Wondering the closest hotels to stay at? Thinking LAX is closest airport? Thanks

Long Beach Airport (LGB) is the closest airport.  

I haven't stayed in Long Beach so someone else will have to recommend hotels. 

3 hours ago, vbecky said:

Wondering the closest hotels to stay at?

The Queen Mary Hotel is immediately adjacent to the cruise terminal and is the closest-- you can literally walk out the front, make a left and you are in front of the cruise terminal. There is also Hotel Maya which is a Doubletree which is a bit further then the QM but still close. Otherwise you are headed over the water to downtown Long Beach proper and you have your choice of mainstream corporate hotels (Westin, Hilton, Hyatt, etc) with some other budget options around the Convention Center. 

Personally for me Long Beach isn't enough of a draw to go stay in town and I'm a giant ocean liner nerd so the Queen Mary fits the bill but your preferences might be different. 

Horseman is correct that Long Beach Airport is the closest (and it's a great spot to fly out of-- the antithesis of LAX in that its small and manageable). BUT keep in mind that it has far less flight options than LAX. Direct flights work well from it. If you have to connect to get to your final destination though, even a small glitch can leave you stranded at Long Beach where you would have more options at LAX.