Where is Fly2Fun?

Hello Carnival pros.....

We cruise in October and when I log in to our cruise, I do not see a link to book air. 

Should it be there?  Is it too early?  

(The ship leaves from Singapore and I'm wondering if Carnival will even offer air as that is not their usual stomping ground....Could that be it?)

If using your phone, log in to your account. Select the cruise from the drop down menu. Then in the upper left hand corner you should see "Categories". Click on that and scroll down towards the bottom and you should see the Fly2Fun option. 

Not sure if different phones will make the website look different (ie. Apple vs Samsung). I have a Galaxy S23. So your mileage may vary 

Screenshot_20240120_231837_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_231826_Chrome.jpg

Edited by stobe1

16 hours ago, jsglow said:

I wouldn't expect a F2F for Singapore. And it's not too early. You should seriously be looking for tickets ASAP.

Thanks......Yea, I've got flights picked out but was hoping Carnival's Fly2Fun would be better priced or at least I could compare before pulling the trigger.....Then after not seeing the link or option, I'm thinking that Carnival may just not bother w/flights given it's not their usual route. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stobe1 said:

If using your phone, log in to your account. Select the cruise from the drop down menu. Then in the upper left hand corner you should see "Categories". Click on that and scroll down towards the bottom and you should see the Fly2Fun option. 

Not sure if different phones will make the website look different (ie. Apple vs Samsung). I have a Galaxy S23. So your mileage may vary 

Screenshot_20240120_231837_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_231826_Chrome.jpg

Thanks....It's not there....no Fly2Fun online or on the phone.

Question:  Do you see the Fly2Fun option even when it's too early to book flights?  Because it does not exist for my cruise, I'm trying to confirm if perhaps it's never going to be an option.   We are 8 months from boarding.

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Thanks....It's not there....no Fly2Fun online or on the phone.

Question:  Do you see the Fly2Fun option even when it's too early to book flights?  Because it does not exist for my cruise, I'm trying to confirm if perhaps it's never going to be an option.   We are 8 months from boarding.

I will be honest, I don't know. I don't ever use F2F so I cannot answer that question. I always book flights on my own, and since I work for an airline, half the time I am non-reving to the ports. I only actually book positive space, confirmed seats if I don't have enough flexibility with my schedule to work around it, and then I am always booking directly with whatever airline I am flying on.

Maybe try calling Carnival and ask them if you are wanting to use F2F instead of booking on your own.  Good luck!

30 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

I don't ever use F2F so I cannot answer that question. I always book flights on my own, and since I work for an airline, half the time I am non-reving to the ports. I only actually book positive space, confirmed seats if I don't have enough flexibility with my schedule to work around it, an

WOW !!! You DEFITINLY are braver than I am. I retired from Delta after thirty years and tried to non-rev twice, once to Miami and then a year after thar nightmare ( tried to fly in a day early on a Friday for a Sat departure, ending up driving late Fri afternoon from ATL stopped midnite at a motel Six,only to get up at six a.m. and drive ALL day Sat and arrived in Miami about 3 p.m and just barely made the cruise on the Valor. the second time tried to non rev to SFO for an 15 day Hawaill cruise, no luck there, just kept getting 'bumped' back on every flight for two days. Finaly we just gave up, but NO driving from Atl to SFO. I'd learned my lesson, my wife said flatly, "NO more non- reving for cruises, EVER!' I bow to YOUR bravery, sir. :))

Mac

33 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

WOW !!! You DEFITINLY are braver than I am. I retired from Delta after thirty years and tried to non-rev twice, once to Miami and then a year after thar nightmare ( tried to fly in a day early on a Friday for a Sat departure, ending up driving late Fri afternoon from ATL stopped midnite at a motel Six,only to get up at six a.m. and drive ALL day Sat and arrived in Miami about 3 p.m and just barely made the cruise on the Valor. the second time tried to non rev to SFO for an 15 day Hawaill cruise, no luck there, just kept getting 'bumped' back on every flight for two days. Finaly we just gave up, but NO driving from Atl to SFO. I'd learned my lesson, my wife said flatly, "NO more non- reving for cruises, EVER!' I bow to YOUR bravery, sir. :))

Mac

Like I said, I only non rev about half the time and typically travel in off peak season. I work for Alaska and our company gives us positive space vacation passes and other non-bumpable positive space passes here and there throughout the year (like when we win JD Powers awards or meet our annual on-time, completion and customer satisfaction performance targets). We live in Chicago so flying to port is a must. If I don't have any positive space passes, I will typically book a regular full fare ticket on whichever airline. For instance, last year we did 4 cruises. 2 west coast departures and 2 east coast. For the west coast I used our positive space vacation passes. For the east coast cruises I booked a full fare ticket, partly because of loads but mostly going from ORD-SEA/LAX/SFO/PDX back to the east coast makes no sense, even if it is free.  We have a spring break cruise coming up in March out of Galveston -- I also booked full fare for those tickets.

And if all else fails, there is always the jumpseat for me, but I have yet to resort to that for vacations and just use that for my commutes to and from work lol.

Edited by stobe1

Hang in there @stobe1! This is all on Boeing. 100-150 canceled flight a day has to be a killer. BTW, Alaska rocks. 

And just to demonstrate, it's an Alaska/Fiji combo that gets us 'down under' in September. 

Edited by jsglow

23 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Hang in there @stobe1! This is all on Boeing. 100-150 canceled flight a day has to be a killer. BTW, Alaska rocks. 

And just to demonstrate, it's an Alaska/Fiji combo that gets us 'down under' in September. 

Thanks. It has been a crazy couple of weeks. My schedule has been very unpredictable to say the least.

And have fun on your trip! I am hoping our merger with Hawaiian means better things to come! Cant wait to nonrev down to visit the South Pacific!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:10 PM, stobe1 said:

Maybe try calling Carnival and ask them if you are wanting to use F2F instead of booking on your own. 

Called Carnival today.....no talk to me without my TA.....Then got TA on phone with Carnival....Carnival rep put in cities for air....ATL to SIN....said computer not responding so would need to check later.....

I asked if perhaps this was because Carnival was not selling flights to Singapore....She said if that was the case, Singapore would not have been able to be viewed....

Oh goodness....going to try tomorrow w/the agent and Carnival......in the meantime, I've got quotes and prepared to ditch Fly2Fun....

We use cruise air on Holland America Line and for international flights (especially one way) they have great prices so trying not to miss out on that.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:05 PM, new_cruiser_75 said:

I find it by going to Carnival's site, scrolling all the way down, then it was under the "Already Booked" column 

Yep, I can go there.....and it has this....and then when I go to "manage my booking" I can book a snorkel excursion, make a manicure appointment and buy wine....but there is nothing on the page to buy a flight.

Once you’ve booked your perfect cruise, go to Manage My Booking to pick your travel dates, preferred airline and flight