Best way to get to and from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?

dinkydee718

Returning a rental car to Orlando Airport just before heading to terminal for Allure cruise. Going directly from the ship back to the airport after the cruise. What’s the best way to arrange transportation? Thanks!

Have you looked into returning the rental car to a Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach location? There are 2 or 3 companies that do this. They will shuttle you to the ship. Then you can do the same in return and return the car to the airport. Otherwise, look into GoPort shuttle service.

• Like 1

How many are in your party?

When I used to fly into MCO and cruise from Port Canaveral I'd rent a car and return it to a location close to Port Canaveral.  

Rideshare such as Uber or Lyft is an option but costly for one person, better value for more sharing the ride.

There are a number of shuttle companies.  Some pick up at hotels or the airport but they can do milk runs stopping at a number of hotels to fill the bus.  They can be economical with the trade off being slower. 

We just did this, and for us it was most economical to Uber. We paid about $55 for the Uber from the airport to the terminal midday on a holiday Monday, and about $80 for the return trip on a Saturday morning. With three people, both were cheaper than we would have paid for a shuttle. We had no problem getting the Uber at the airport right away, though it took a bit longer to get the Uber from the terminal (probably 15 minutes in total to find the driver and for him to arrive). 

Since we fly in a day early, we rent a car one way and return it at a rental near port canaveral in the morning. They shuttle you to the port after you drop off the car. Then use cortrans shuttle on the way back to mco after the cruise.

Enterprise, Alamo and National are only 1/2 mile from RCL cruise terminal and have shuttles.  I just booked a standard size SUV for 1 day pick up at MCO drop off PC from Alamo for $87 all in.  After the cruise I booked a private car service.  

Just returned from a cruise and used Cruise Control. Highly recommend! They met us at the airport and took us to our hotel in Port Canaveral. After our cruise, they met us at the port and took us to the airport. They stayed in contact with us so we knew where they were, when they were coming, etc. Excellent service!

• Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, Threeplusone said:

Just returned from a cruise and used Cruise Control. Highly recommend! They met us at the airport and took us to our hotel in Port Canaveral. After our cruise, they met us at the port and took us to the airport. They stayed in contact with us so we knew where they were, when they were coming, etc. Excellent service!

I second Cruise Control! They are great!

• Like 2