Assistance please Indonesian visa for cruise

5 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

If you read back through the posts Lyndarra at post# 10  mentions going to Komodo first and she didn't seem to have a problem with her Visa application.

Maybe someone else can way in on this question.

You  can try reading this from post #177. You may find it helpfull - I did.

BTW lyndarra is a he.

19 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

During the process it actually tells you what sort of file it requires (yes, we thought it was annoying also!) and they require documentation to show that you are leaving Indonesia. We cut and pasted an itinerary that showed all our ports (as a pdf) and it liked what we had done👍

If all of your information is what they require then you get a Transaction Number and you can proceed to payment,

The application is only active for 24 hours. The application that we practiced on yesterday has now expired.

When we reapply in October, we will know what to do so the process should be pretty straightforward.

I did 3 practice runs and when I got to the end (everything seemed to be accepted)  it came up INTERNAL ERROR each time. 

10 hours ago, lyndarra said:

You  can try reading this from post #177. You may find it helpfull - I did.

BTW lyndarra is a he.

Thanks for redirecting me to the post for further clarification. I feel confident in my application now.

Sorry about the "she" comment-  hard to work out from the CC handle!!  Will know next time as you are always a wealth of knowledge on this Roll Call.

Jenny

2 hours ago, harbourside said:

I did 3 practice runs and when I got to the end (everything seemed to be accepted)  it came up INTERNAL ERROR each time. 

This thread has been so helpful for me. I am an old fellow so my knowledge on computers is very limited. How did you get the forms ? did you have to register to get the forms to practice and did you have to apply each time to get the three practice forms ? Did you sort out the internal error ?  Sorry about all the questions but if I can get some idea of going about this Visa business I will be able to enjoy my lead up to my cruise in November.🙂

3 minutes ago, harbourside said:

I just went into the official website and started the process.  I was quite surprised when my photo and passport went it without being rejected, but as I did not get to the end , who knows if it was right.   This is starting to look like a nightmare. 

Thank you. It does appear they do not make it easy. As mentioned before if you are from the USA you do not need a Visa. I cant understand why they can not do it for Australia and New Zealand. It seems a lot of effort and cost for stopping at Indonesia on a Cruise ship for such limited time. Singapore visa seems a lot easier and at no cost. I don't know if it applies for your cruise but for mine it is a case of if you do not have the visa you will not be allowed to go aboard,  Thanks for your reply.

John

14 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thank you. It does appear they do not make it easy. As mentioned before if you are from the USA you do not need a Visa. I cant understand why they can not do it for Australia and New Zealand. It seems a lot of effort and cost for stopping at Indonesia on a Cruise ship for such limited time. Singapore visa seems a lot easier and at no cost. I don't know if it applies for your cruise but for mine it is a case of if you do not have the visa you will not be allowed to go aboard,  Thanks for your reply.

John

Yes, I am on Viking.  Other cruise lines do it on board, but Viking says no, but I have heard from others that they have done it, but I cannot take the risk.  I may have to pay to have someone to do it for me. 

3 minutes ago, harbourside said:

Yes, I am on Viking.  Other cruise lines do it on board, but Viking says no, but I have heard from others that they have done it, but I cannot take the risk.  I may have to pay to have someone to do it for me. 

I went to the post # 177 as Lyndarra suggested and saw BIBT who do apply for you but I suggest Googling CIBT reviews, pretty horrifying !!   Perhaps one of our CC friends might be able to point us in the right direction for someone reliable.    

26 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

I went to the post # 177 as Lyndarra suggested and saw BIBT who do apply for you but I suggest Googling CIBT reviews, pretty horrifying !!   Perhaps one of our CC friends might be able to point us in the right direction for someone reliable.    

After my last post and going on line to research companies that apply for your Indonesia Visa  I have decided to go through the official Indonesian web site to apply. It seems that more problems can arise than applying yourself and the fee is quite high. Still not sure how early you can apply. Hopefully all will turn out well.

Cheers John

On 6/24/2024 at 7:26 AM, lyndarra said:

Have you checked your Roll Call yet? This is where Indonesian visa problems/glitches/quirks, are often discussed. That's where I got my info (most of which I've now forgotten) when I did the same cruise in 2023.

The problem with roll-call these days they really don't have much if any activity & interaction.  I asked a question on mine & didn't get a reply. 

That's sometimes the way with Roll Calls. I remember on one Alaskan cruise there was very little traffic on the RC. At the meet & Greet only six people turned up. A lot can depend on whether or not there are experienced cruisers on the RC as there are with one I'm on at the moment, people organising private tours, 23 pages and 572 posts.

On 6/25/2024 at 3:39 PM, aussiecruiser66 said:

During the process it actually tells you what sort of file it requires (yes, we thought it was annoying also!) and they require documentation to show that you are leaving Indonesia. We cut and pasted an itinerary that showed all our ports (as a pdf) and it liked what we had done👍

If all of your information is what they require then you get a Transaction Number and you can proceed to payment,

The application is only active for 24 hours. The application that we practiced on yesterday has now expired.

When we reapply in October, we will know what to do so the process should be pretty straightforward.

On 6/25/2024 at 3:39 PM, aussiecruiser66 said:

After a frustrating day I did get a transaction number.  I presume at this stage, they will still be checking and does not mean everything is okay???

On 6/26/2024 at 2:20 PM, JohnGc said:

Singapore visa seems a lot easier and at no cost. I don't know if it applies for your cruise but for mine it is a case of if you do not have the visa you will not be allowed to go aboard, 

Two questions please.

1. For Singapore; are you talking about the Singapore online arrival card, which needs to be submitted within 3 days prior to arrival.....or an actual visa ?

2. You mentioned needing a visa, otherwise boarding will be denied.

Are you talking about Indonesia or Singapore, as your post is not clear.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Two questions please.

1. For Singapore; are you talking about the Singapore online arrival card, which needs to be submitted within 3 days prior to arrival.....or an actual visa ?

2. You mentioned needing a visa, otherwise boarding will be denied.

Are you talking about Indonesia or Singapore, as your post is not clear.

Thanks.

Hi, Indonesia eVOA is the problem one. They mentioned applying 14 days before travel and I assume they are talking 14 business days. Would be nice to have it sorted before leaving Australia and staying in Singapore for a few days.I have sent an email to get an official answer to how far in advance I can apply.