First time in full suite questions

llgator

Hi. It's our first time in a full suite on Princess. We have been in a suite on HAL and NCL. Both of those had a different phone number you could call with questions before boarding but apparently Princess does not? I got an email saying I could call and reserve our 360 dining experience but I talked to 3 different people and no one knew what I was talking about or how to do it. I also wanted to upgrade to the premium package and when I tried to do it online it said I had to call. But they weren't able to do that either. I can't get my personal cruise advisor to return my call. Is there a number I can call about these things? I'd appreciate any help. We also get a free mini bar setup which I'd like to switch to beer and wine and I was told I'd have to pay to do that. I don't think that's correct either.

Thanks!

Hi

Th seem people who answer the phone are sales people who know nothing about how things work on board the ship!

Suites do not have a special number to call before your cruise

You will be able to take care of everything when you board the ship

You can easily get your mini bar switched out but not to wine

There's no wine in the mini bar

You can switch to more of what's there

The 360 is new since our last cruise so I don't I now about that

I do I now that you can call the dine line on board to get your first night free dinner in a specialty restaurant

We book the Crowne Grill

• Like 1

If you are on a Royal Class  ship, you also have a concierge. (S)he should be available in the suite lounge, mid-aft. Let them handle all the details for reservations and any other concerns you may have. They are good at what they do.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

If you are on a Royal Class  ship, you also have a concierge. (S)he should be available in the suite lounge, mid-aft. Let them handle all the details for reservations and any other concerns you may have. They are good at what they do.

We are on the Enchanted. Is that a Royal Class? Is anyone else having trouble with the app booking things??

There are some nice perks in a suite but no concierge until onboard.  The people at customer support often times are not helpful and not very knowledgeable about a lot of the subtleties.  I too have been trying to get an answer to the 360 Experience for suite guests.  We are still 8 months out however so no email yet but I do not want to wait and get stuck with a 5:00 pm dining time since we are in port until later than that. We are just going to book it and duke it out with guest services on board.  As far as the minibar set-up, it is a joke.  We had 2 little nips each of gin, vodka, and Scotch.  That's it.  No refill.  You cannot switch it out for beer or wine.  Also, no Champagne in the cabin.  They left 2 glasses of wine with a napkin on top.  Ours was corked and undrinkable.  Our steward said sorry but it was never replaced.  Cabin service is no better than an inside cabin.  The cabins are great however and we always book them knowing the limitations but the suite service is more like Carnival than Cunard.  We did like the dining arrangement in the Reserve section of the MDR.  Hope this helps but Princess suites are more like a very nice cabin without the pampering of most suite experiences on other cruise lines.  Can't help with the Premium package because we selected it when we booked but I am sure it can be upgraded.  It is a very nice package though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bphman said:

There are some nice perks in a suite but no concierge until onboard.  The people at customer support often times are not helpful and not very knowledgeable about a lot of the subtleties.  I too have been trying to get an answer to the 360 Experience for suite guests.  We are still 8 months out however so no email yet but I do not want to wait and get stuck with a 5:00 pm dining time since we are in port until later than that. We are just going to book it and duke it out with guest services on board.  As far as the minibar set-up, it is a joke.  We had 2 little nips each of gin, vodka, and Scotch.  That's it.  No refill.  You cannot switch it out for beer or wine.  Also, no Champagne in the cabin.  They left 2 glasses of wine with a napkin on top.  Ours was corked and undrinkable.  Our steward said sorry but it was never replaced.  Cabin service is no better than an inside cabin.  The cabins are great however and we always book them knowing the limitations but the suite service is more like Carnival than Cunard.  We did like the dining arrangement in the Reserve section of the MDR.  Hope this helps but Princess suites are more like a very nice cabin without the pampering of most suite experiences on other cruise lines.  Can't help with the Premium package because we selected it when we booked but I am sure it can be upgraded.  It is a very nice package though.

I hope it's not a let down after NCL. The room looks gorgeous and even though it's been a while since I've been on Princess, I always thought they were a step above NCL. I'm guessing no butler then? Lol

Mini-bar CAN be switched as follows:

8 50ml bottles of spirits, including 2 scotch, 2 gin, 2 vodka and 2 brandy

2 bottles of beer usually Dos Equis

6 cans of soda

2 bottles Perrier

2 small bottles of water

You can switch like for like, i.e. all water for all of it or all water for non-alcoholic beverages

all soda for non-alcoholic beverages

all scotch, or all gin or all brandy for alcoholic beverages

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

Look here:

That list of features didn’t include anything about Sabatini’s. Is there no more breakfast?

Just now, llgator said:

I hope it's not a let down after NCL. The room looks gorgeous and even though it's been a while since I've been on Princess, I always thought they were a step above NCL. I'm guessing no butler then? Lol

No butler and 

Yes, the Enchanted is a Royal class ship

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kmkub said:

That list of features didn’t include anything about Sabatini’s. Is there no more breakfast?

The new list leaves off a lot of things that are still included. Maybe, they're planning on dropping some?

Like they've done with Elite benefits.

AFAIK and others have recently reported, Suite breakfast is still included.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, llgator said:

I got an email saying I could call and reserve our 360 dining experience

Can you reserve the 360 experience on the app? I would do that and if you get charged have them refund the charge. I'm booked for the experience on my upcoming trip this weekend on the Discovery Princess (paid $149, not with a suite). 

• Like 1

On the Enchanted you will be able to enjoy a happy hour with complementary wine, beer, and mixed drinks in the Suite Concierge Lounge every night.  We love that perk on Royal class ships.  And you can switch out your entire mini bar for a single bottle of wine.  Or you can switch the alcohol for all beer.  I've never had them say no to that.

You can absolutely upgrade to the Premier package on board, just do it on the first day.  It will get charged to your onboard account and yes, the Suite Concierge can do that for you.  The concierge can also book your first night dinner at a specialty restaurant, go see them right after you board (or visit the restaurant to book).

As for 360 there was a recent thread where folks were told that it's no longer a suite perk and in fact that has been removed from the list of perks for suites.  But it's still on my Travel Summary and was on the Booking Confirmation when I booked.  Obviously you have an email with the invite and it's terrible that they tell you to call and no one knows what you're talking about.

• Like 1

I also noticed that 360 is no longer listed as a suite perk.  However, it is also still on my travel summary.  I was  wondering if there was any way of booking it beforehand.  Otherwise I guess we will just have to try the dine line after we board.  This is for the eclipse cruise so it might be pretty full.  Do they keep back any room for suite guests?  We just have the small suite to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary.

• Like 1

You won't be disappointed with the cabin.  That is why I rebook suites.  I just know not to expect the suite perks I received on other cruise lines.  Definitely no butler.  You also aren't paying what those other lines are charging in most cases but I have gotten bargains in Grill Suites on Cunard.  I also guess swapping out the mini-bar may vary by ship because we were not allowed.  

Our cabin steward on the Regal was clueless.  We could never find him.  We had to leave Post-its for him as there was no other means of communication.  Our cabin was always missing something.  I have a feeling that it was more his lack of experience than being denied suite perks.  I never reported him because I didn't want him to be reprimanded.  I believe this is an isolated thing.  Our prior Princess cruise experiences much better.

You still will have the option of breakfast in Sabatini's and other meals in the Reserve section of the MDR.  First night in a specialty restaurant is still listed and, with the Premium package, 2 other specialty dinners are included.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

Can you reserve the 360 experience on the app? I would do that and if you get charged have them refund the charge. I'm booked for the experience on my upcoming trip this weekend on the Discovery Princess (paid $149, not with a suite). 

That's what I think I will do. I don't want to get stuck with a day or time I don't want.

Congratulations on your anniversary, killineybay!  That's awesome and a great way to celebrate.  We renewed our vows with the captain on our 25th.  Eight more until our 50th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, llgator said:

I hope it's not a let down after NCL

It is NOT the Haven. Not even close. In fact, it will not even be as good as the NCL Suite experience, but it will be similar to that. You’ll have priority boarding and such, a special restaurant for breakfast, a special area in the main dining room for Reserve Class dining (a slight step up from main dining) and a few other perks. Free laundry is a fav. The mini bar can be switched out for bottles you prefer or a bottle of wine. All ships offer a suite lounge AREA (newer ships have a dedicated lounge) for happy hour drinks and appetizer snacks. The newer ships have a dedicated lounge that serves snacks and coffees all day and drinks/apps in the evening.

As for 360 you will have to email guest services to get it free. We just did that for our December Enchanted cruise. Yes, it is still advertised online so screen shot that (or your summary showing 360 included) and attach it to your email. The cabins are nice and the staff are awesome! The price is waaaay below Haven so do consider that. It is well worth the price IMO. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

Here's a link that currently shows 360 as a perk:

Indulge in extra comforts- Full Suite

Starting December 1st, the 360 Experience (only available on Enchanted and Discovery) was no longer complimentary for full suite guests, though I believe they still might be extending this benefit to those who booked their suite prior to that date. While on the Enchanted in November for a TA crossing, this directive was sent to the concierge on both ships and we were informed that we would be the last sailing where all full suite guests would be invited for free. 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Upper Bob said:

Starting December 1st, the 360 Experience (only available on Enchanted and Discovery) was no longer complimentary for full suite guests, though I believe they still might be extending this benefit to those who booked their suite prior to that date. While on the Enchanted in November for a TA crossing, this directive was sent to the concierge on both ships and we were informed that we would be the last sailing where all full suite guests would be invited for free. 

I just got this email today that says it's complimentary.  But apparently they haven't told the customer service reps about it because they had no idea what I was talking about!😕

Screenshot_20240123_232125_Gmail.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Here's a link that currently shows 360 as a perk:

Indulge in extra comforts- Full Suite

Had you saved that link or did you find it just now on the Princess website?  I ask because I was looking for the PDF link on the Suite webpage and could not find it anywhere.  If you saved it they may have kept the actual document behind the scenes but deleted the link.

11 hours ago, llgator said:

I just got this email today that says it's complimentary.  But apparently they haven't told the customer service reps about it because they had no idea what I was talking about!😕

Screenshot_20240123_232125_Gmail.jpg

Print that email and take it along.  And please let us know how it goes.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Upper Bob said:

Yes that is what has been mentioned in the thread below.  But in typical fashion they've done this quietly - no communication and written references removed in some places but not others (it's still on the Travel Summary as a perk for example).  Poor communication is one of the things about Princess that continues to disappoint.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bphman said:

You won't be disappointed with the cabin.  That is why I rebook suites.  I just know not to expect the suite perks I received on other cruise lines.  Definitely no butler.  You also aren't paying what those other lines are charging in most cases but I have gotten bargains in Grill Suites on Cunard.  I also guess swapping out the mini-bar may vary by ship because we were not allowed.  

Our cabin steward on the Regal was clueless.  We could never find him.  We had to leave Post-its for him as there was no other means of communication.  Our cabin was always missing something.  I have a feeling that it was more his lack of experience than being denied suite perks.  I never reported him because I didn't want him to be reprimanded.  I believe this is an isolated thing.  Our prior Princess cruise experiences much better.

You still will have the option of breakfast in Sabatini's and other meals in the Reserve section of the MDR.  First night in a specialty restaurant is still listed and, with the Premium package, 2 other specialty dinners are included.  

When we were in our first suite (soon to go on a second one), I printed out the list of suite perks. Of course, this was before they pared down the list (maybe so new suite pax don't know what should be included). I was glad I had that printout. Either we had a clueless steward or a steward who was uncooperative...either way I had to show him the list to get any of the things we were entitled to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Had you saved that link or did you find it just now on the Princess website?  I ask because I was looking for the PDF link on the Suite webpage and could not find it anywhere.  If you saved it they may have kept the actual document behind the scenes but deleted the link.

Print that email and take it along.  And please let us know how it goes.

I found that link last night.  It was an easy google..