Hotels in Port Canaveral

Hi all,

Looking for helpful advise.

We will be sailing on Celebrity Equinox for her TA crossing  April 2025.  We are from the UK and need suggestions for a hotel for the night before the cruise.

Never sailed from this port before so have no idea of where to stay. 

Hope someone can help. 

Marion.  🤞

11 hours ago, Maid Marion 2 said:

We will be sailing on Celebrity Equinox for her TA crossing  April 2025.  We are from the UK and need suggestions for a hotel for the night before the cruise.

I recommend that you Google "Cape Canaveral, Florida" and then click on the little map that pops-up and then zoom-in a couple times. Hotels in that town will then appear and you can then research hotel names and prices.

I've stayed at the TownPlace Suites by Marriott and it was very nice but not particularly cheap. The Residence Inn in nearby as well and same as above. There is a hotel called Radisson Resort at the Port that is usually cheaper and clean, but the decor is dated. All these hotels are close to the cruise terminals (but not walking distance). 2025 hotel prices may not be posted yet since most reservation systems only book about 11 months into the future.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:24 AM, Maid Marion 2 said:

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. 

Marion.  🤞

The hotels closest to the port (less than a mile) that I would recommend are:

*Hampton Inn Cruise Port/Home2Suites

*Homewood Suites

*Towneplace Suites

*Springhill Suites

*Residence Inn

On 1/25/2024 at 2:24 PM, Elsammo46 said:

Radisson Resort at the Port is fantastic! Lots of pools, on-site restaurant, and a fun tiki-bar. Its like a pre-vacation before your vacation. 

I second the Radisson.  In the past they have an option that includes a shuttle from MCO to the resort. They also have a shuttle to the port.  

• Like 1

We enjoy staying in Cocoa Beach which is a 5 minute drive to the port pretty much. We stayed at the Best Western in an ocean front Junior Suite. Was awesome when I woke up early around 5am to watch the line up of ships pass by to enter the port. Also cost wise was pretty reasonable too. 

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up in this area.  If you fly in a day or two early, its a good opportunity to visit the Kennedy Space Center and do the tour.  We'll be on this sailing as well and we plan on driving down from South Carolina a few days ahead and plan to do the tour (my husband is interested in all things having to do with the Space Center and especially the Apollo era). I have been back to Cocoa Beach many times over the years and the area has grown quite a bit since my family moved from there back in 1975, so we'll be searching for hotels as well.  This is good information. Thank you all. 

Are you flying in the day before?  If you are I would stay at the Hyatt inside MCO and then use the ship shuttle to the pier the next day.  Otherwise we always stay in Coco Beach at one of the Hilton properties and Uber to the port.  Keep in mind April is Spring Break and hotels can be expensive and book up quick.  I would RSVP one ASAP with a good cancelation policy (like Hilton) and then you can always shop around later.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2024 at 8:24 AM, Maid Marion 2 said:

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. 

Marion.  🤞

Assuming you will be flying into Orlando a nice place to stay is the Hyatt, it’s right in the Orlando airport just upstairs from the baggage claim area. Take one of the area shuttles to pick you up at the hotel when you’re ready to go to Port Canaveral for your cruise. We used Cortrans.