Cruise pricing

Just now, jstew1 said:

Checking prices on Icon.   How come it is about $600 cheaper to go with 2Adults and 2 Kids, than with just 2 adults.

System quirk that will likely resolve itself. Also, you may be comparing two different cabin categories.

3 minutes ago, jstew1 said:

Checking prices on Icon.   How come it is about $600 cheaper to go with 2Adults and 2 Kids, than with just 2 adults.

It happens a lot on Icon.  Pricing is category based and driven by sales of that particular category.  With 80% of the cabins on this ship holding more than 2 there is lots of inventory for those quads and very little inventory for doubles leading to this scenario.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With 80% of the cabins on this ship holding more than 2 there is lots of inventory for those quads and very little inventory for doubles leading to this scenario.  

So, Icon class, one way to potentially save some money for a couple is to book with two fake kids and then cancel them (no fear of being moved or repriced I assume)?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jstew1 said:

Using Royal Caribbean website.  They are both for a Guaranteed balcony.  Al I changed was the number of people.

As mentioned, that is likely a pricing glitch that will likely resolve itself. What sailing date?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, Icon class, one way to potentially save some money for a couple is to book with two fake kids and then cancel them (no fear of being moved or repriced I assume)?

Absolutely.  Kids be a no show.  Ran into this with far greater savings than what the OP mentioned. 

• Like 1

Every time i have checked icon prices as soon as i add my 10 year old its cheaper the just two adults. I think and imgine rhe vast majority of rooms are 3-4 people and royal want to fill ever bed space. I could never understand how you can book a spacious interior room that sleeps six for only three people. Other cruise lines you can only book the rooms for the number of guests. 

9 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Every time i have checked icon prices as soon as i add my 10 year old its cheaper the just two adults. I think and imgine rhe vast majority of rooms are 3-4 people and royal want to fill ever bed space. I could never understand how you can book a spacious interior room that sleeps six for only three people. Other cruise lines you can only book the rooms for the number of guests. 

What’s annoying is if you have more than four people, you can’t book online even if room has the 5+ symbol code on it. Royal makes you call. Or if you want a Royal Suite, can’t book those online, have to call. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No need to cancel the two kids. We got a KSF for our May Icon cruise and now our two grandkids can't go. We'll have them be a no show since we don't want to take the chance our cabin (Surfside Suite) is changed as we're next door to family.

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

As mentioned, that is likely a pricing glitch that will likely resolve itself. What sailing date?

As mentioned, not a glitch, its about available inventory. Our Symphony cruise over the last year had the 2 person rooms consistently rise in price and the 3/4's drop. It got to the point where you could add a kid and pay less than 2 people and it stayed that way through final payment. With the bulk of rooms on Icon being 3/4 person rooms, it's about inventory. 

11 hours ago, cj_one2000 said:

What’s annoying is if you have more than four people, you can’t book online even if room has the 5+ symbol code on it. Royal makes you call. Or if you want a Royal Suite, can’t book those online, have to call. 

I know my sister had to wait over an hour on the phone hoping the room is still available..... Poor royal IT system. 

4 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I know my sister had to wait over an hour on the phone hoping the room is still available..... Poor royal IT system. 

Royal Family Suites are great, there’s just not many of them and they go quick. I get it, being put on hold that long and not knowing if there’s one still available. 🥴

10 hours ago, fsjosh said:

As mentioned, not a glitch, its about available inventory.

Yes, but OP priced it using a GTY rate, which hasn't traditionally been cheaper for 4 people than 2. Obviously, things are different for Icon class. Once everyone knows to put in an extra person to get a discount, everyone will be doing it, and the pricing algorithm may change.

We have had a solo surcharge, for Icon class we'll have the couple surcharge.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all of you posting.  I saw this thread and called RC to see what the price difference was to add my adult daughter to my Icon cruise.  It was $700 cheaper to add her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Anyone want to rent their kids names and info?

It doesn't even have to be kids - put anyone, even adult, on the booking to trigger the algorithm for the lower price (just one person is needed).

• Thanks 1

We experienced this over the summer when we booked multiple cabins on Icon while onboard the Wonder. It was cheaper for us to book a cabin with 3-4 people than it was for 2. We ended up spreading the kids around the cabins to reduce cost.

50 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Her dog has a passport?

I believe if it's going to be a "no show" you don't have to even do the online check in....right ??