Mazatlan-Deer Island?

mitsugirly

7 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

What would y'all do?

I like your idea and you can hit a nearby OXXO to get some incredibly unhealthy snacks and beer for the trip.   Nothing is more Mexican than a visit to OXXO.  

BTW - I think the 30 minute ride is to account for traffic.  You can validate the travel time with google maps.

Well, I think I have Deer Island figured out. They will pick us up at the port and take us to the marina and go over. We will get around 3 hours on the island and then they will bring us back. (They are at the marina right by where the cruise ship docks, so we won't even have to go all the way over to the Golden Zone). 

It would be nice to get some drinks/snack somewhere to take with us. Is there an OXXO close to the port?

1 minute ago, mitsugirly said:

It would be nice to get some drinks/snack somewhere to take with us. Is there an OXXO close to the port?

I think I just answered my own question...it looks like there's one right across from the cruise port. Winning....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I think I just answered my own question...it looks like there's one right across from the cruise port. Winning....

It is the closest building to the Cruise Ship Terminal, right across the street.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

t looks like there's one right across from the cruise port. Winning....

When my kids were growing up they liked to play the "OXXO game" in the car.  The rule was that the first person to see and call out an OXXO could give the other a soft punch on the arm.  Sometimes you can get more than one OXXO at a busy intersection on different sides of the street.  They both laugh about it and I would bet they still might play as adults if presented with the opportunity.

• Haha 2