Border Control Brisbane

We (Australian Passport) are cruising from Tahiti to Melbourne via some of the pacific islands on Norwegian in December and then a port call at Brisbane before we get to Melbourne.

Do we clear customs and immigration in Brisbane as our 1st entry point or in Melbourne?

19 minutes ago, dmccue said:

We (Australian Passport) are cruising from Tahiti to Melbourne via some of the pacific islands on Norwegian in December and then a port call at Brisbane before we get to Melbourne.

Do we clear customs and immigration in Brisbane as our 1st entry point or in Melbourne?

It should be Melbourne.

The 1st Australian Port no longer applies for immigration, given that [overseas] passengers will have an ETA or visa anyway. Brisbane will just be a port of call. It could be different if NCL were selling variations like Tahiti to Brisbane and Brisbane to Auckland for the following cruise, but at this stage there is no passenger turnover in Brisbane.

Edited by arxcards
[ ]
  • Like 1

I was on Noordam Auckland to Sydney in Feb/Mar 2023. Our first Australian port was Hobart and I'm fairly certain that we had to do a borderforce face to passport inspection in the terminal as we went ashore in Hobart.

I'll be doing Auckland to Sydney again next month, this time first port is Melbourne. I'll try to remember reporting back here.

Edited by boeckli
  • Like 1

Ditto when we did NZ back to Sydney on Westerdam - we had the passport inspection in Hobart.

I also recall doing a PNG cruise some years ago that stopped in Brisbane first and we had the passport inspection there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...