2/11/24 LIVE Super Bowl Sunday Cruise from Manhattan to Anitgua, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Maarten...

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Was Gueuwalk through Trip Advisor?  Sorry that happened.  Sounds like you made lemonade.👍

Sorry, should say "Guruwalk."  They're the free tours where you tip extra well instead of paying a set fee.  I guess this time I truly got my money's worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice review. We're sailing Venezia in May, the info you provided will be very useful as we plan our cruise on Venezia...which will be our diamond cruise!

Question please. Early in your review you mentioned you'd be staying at a hotel about 2 blocks from the cruise port post cruise. Could you share which hotel that was? Searching shows a view that seem close, but I thought I'd inquire which place you stayed at. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Lower Manhattan from under the Brooklyn Bridge 

20240223_185146.jpg

20240223_185230.jpg

20240223_184904.jpg

20240223_185104.jpg

I forgot to mention - on the wide-angle, panoramic pic above, you can see Statue of Liberty off to the left.  It's tiny, but that little vertical light you see is it.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 10:03 AM, bar1068 said:

Very nice review. We're sailing Venezia in May, the info you provided will be very useful as we plan our cruise on Venezia...which will be our diamond cruise!

Question please. Early in your review you mentioned you'd be staying at a hotel about 2 blocks from the cruise port post cruise. Could you share which hotel that was? Searching shows a view that seem close, but I thought I'd inquire which place you stayed at. Thanks.

I've stayed at the Choice (can't remember if it's branded Quality or Comfort Suites?) and the Holiday Inn Express.  Both are right on 48th Street, it's a straight walk less than five minutes to the pier (Carnival sails from 48th & 12th Ave, I think it's pier 88).  I haven't stayed at the 56, but I did have a couple drinks at their rooftop bar (pics in my review, on the Manhattan night) and it was not good - hardly any view and distored bass-heavy latino music.  The distortion ruined it, and people were either talking really loud or yelling to be heard.

I like the Choice hotel the best of them, for the service, it's always no hassle to store your luggage in a locked room, and the free coffee and bagels.  And I like their rewards program, seems I get a free night for every third or fourth night I pay for.  And the price is amazing for clean, comfortable bed and good shower in Manhattan, walking distance to Times Square.

• Like 3