2/11/24 LIVE Super Bowl Sunday Cruise from Manhattan to Anitgua, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Maarten...

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Got the $5 taxi back to the port, took a couple pics of the sign, bought 2 tshirts and went to the room to shower all the sand and sweat off, to find my favorite towel critter of this cruise...

20240217_151651.jpg

20240217_151720.jpg

20240217_153159.jpg

What a fabulous, perfect day! I much prefer the authentic experiences like being in that packed mini-van. It did look crazy! Grenada is definitely on my list now.

Edited by fla33023
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I just realized I'm at the halfway point of this 12-day cruise.  I offer halftime entertainment,  5 of Faith's 11 ferrets devouring Dietz and Watson ham in organic low-sodium chicken broth. Turn up volume to hear their "pleasure squeaks".

Was hoping to catch a glimpse of your little cuties. When we go to the pet store husband has to drag me away from the ferret pen, could watch them all day🙂

• Haha 1

Enjoying your review!  I’ll be on the Venezia in a few weeks and am wondering about the weather on the way south.  I’ve sailed out of NYC several times, but never in the winter.   When can we expect the warm weather….second day out?

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Google Grenada Invasion.  Oct. 1983.  Both ti es I visited and took tours, the guides were telling the story.  EM

DH was just talking about this last night. He was on a plane deploying when they received orders to stanGrenada.

Know I know why we do not look at itineraries that include Granada.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corl4 said:

Enjoying your review!  I’ll be on the Venezia in a few weeks and am wondering about the weather on the way south.  I’ve sailed out of NYC several times, but never in the winter.   When can we expect the warm weather….second day out?

Thanks!

Morning of second fun day at sea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim and Monika said:

Was there any mention of the oil spill near Trinidad and Tobago?

There was a chance of it heading to Grenada, may it moved away.

We will be there in a couple weeks.

No mention that I heard 

Tourguide bought yummy bananas for all 12 of us, sweeter but smaller than back home.  They produce more bananas than they can export so they make a lot of things with bananas like banana ketchup. Bananas are the #1 export. 

20240218_095718.jpg

20240218_101238.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

DH was just talking about this last night. He was on a plane deploying when they received orders to stanGrenada.

Know I know why we do not look at itineraries that include Granada.

@Essiesmom geez auto correct - supposed to be "stand down." He didn't go and we do not look at itineraries that include it.