GSC Clam shell rental

So I just called.  Unfortunately, they can no longer pre book these.  I have to wait until I get on the ship.  Hopefully I will get one.

I was able to book one myself on the cruise I just came back from.. I was given a refund because stopping there was canceled☹️

GSC Clam Shells & Umbrellas you rent on the island. I forget how much for the day (less than $50 for either). Find the one you want and there was a guy near a podium that you could rent them from. Pretty straight forward but done on the island.

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I do not think it has ever been bookable online. 

It is bookable under excursions on my TA in November/December.  €44 for the day 

They are usually availble under excursions. We went 3 weeks ago an it was not there and when I called it was becasue they were sold out. We were at GSC with the Pearl so 2 ships in and they sold out before cruise. 

23 hours ago, Sunseeker810 said:

I hope not.  I am going in March.  I think that I will call.

It actually might be better that you have to wait. A friend of mine was just on his first-ever cruise that was supposed to call at GSC. Weather was not good when they arrived, so the port stop was called off entirely. If you'd pre-booked and then the port was cancelled, you'd have to deal with the annoyance of asking for a refund.

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

It actually might be better that you have to wait. A friend of mine was just on his first-ever cruise that was supposed to call at GSC. Weather was not good when they arrived, so the port stop was called off entirely. If you'd pre-booked and then the port was cancelled, you'd have to deal with the annoyance of asking for a refund.

I was on the Encore in January.  GSC was canceled.  They refunded immediately. Amazing!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunseeker810 said:

I was on the Encore in January.  GSC was canceled.  They refunded immediately. Amazing!

Oh wow, you just cruised in January and you're going again in March. Dang! Can we trade places, LOL?