MERGED: Queen Mary 2 world voyage 2024 Itinerary Change

tjunmin

2 hours ago, Annie56 said:

Our agents just forwarded new itinerary around Africa for QM2 without any reference for those who don’t want to go there

has anyone been offered a refund in full for not taking the compulsory option booked  QM2 Singapore to Southampton

My dad and partner are booked on this cruise through a Cruise Holiday company and are also wondering if they can get a refund in full, mainly because of the amount of sea days.

Yes they will be contacting their TA but will depend on the terms and conditions of that booking as it's a Cruise Holiday company rather than a normal TA. They've been offered the $500 OBC but not the 15% FCC that is on the Cunard information at the top of this thread. I just wondered if anyone else had been offered a full refund.

2 hours ago, Annie56 said:

Our agents just forwarded new itinerary around Africa for QM2 without any reference for those who don’t want to go there

has anyone been offered a refund in full for not taking the compulsory option booked  QM2 Singapore to Southampton

The implication in the email is to contact Cunard if you do not want to do the trip (from Singapore).  I assume (only from a “reasonableness” view) that they will offer a refund if you choose to not make the voyage; at a minimum I would think they’d give you a comparable cruise credit for the future.  Best to just call them and see what they say (and share here :-).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix1975 said:

My dad and partner are booked on this cruise through a Cruise Holiday company and are also wondering if they can get a refund in full, mainly because of the amount of sea days.

It is only 1 or 2 (if you do not count the Suez sail day) more sea days than the original trip…

1 hour ago, AuthBen3 said:

It is only 1 or 2 (if you do not count the Suez sail day) more sea days than the original trip…

Thanks - they hadn't considered that they are still going to the ports before Colombo 🙂

9 hours ago, Vulcanair said:

Just been informed by  our TA that the QM2 is now NOT rouiting through the Red Sea in April. We are on the Singapore to Dubai leg. Notsure what is happening after Singapore. Any further updates anyone? They will let us know by 7 Feb s to what is happening

Here is your answer regarding the Singapore to Dubai leg — 

IMG_8636.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for this,
seems to concur with general consensus we had of the expected change; 

Cunard seemed to have acted as swift as possible and just may have been reading the many Posts on CC here during this past 2 weeks.
Would have been a nice treat for many that a St Helena visit, either a call, or just a sail-by was added.
There was enough time to have done this.

Do I assume that the WC Segment passengers who are booked just to join from Dubai to SOU (and likely also some going on to NYC) will just be cancelled and get a full refund, or will they have their Segment now offered as CPT - SOU >?  

EDIT:  from a Cunard Facebook group a post from an American Guest --
I have just had an email from Cunard saying they have canceled our cruise booking from Dubai to NYC. I understand why we are not going through the Red Sea but they have not given us any other option other than cancellation. I’m waiting to hear from my TA as to what to do now as we would like to join cruise in Cape Town.

Has anyone else been cancelled ? 

Also, P&O have done the same with the Arcadia world sector. They are not offering the option of joining in Cape Town. 

Edited by rog747

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Looks good to me.  One thing I would like to see happen is options for an overland journey from Durban to Cape Town.

Roy

the options this year for an over night were eye watering  in their prices, and there were only two overnights offered.... I managed to put a package together in conjunction with my travel agent and we came up with a two night three day overnight including airfares to catch the ship up in Capetown from Port  E and a very similar package that saved several thousand dollars on what Cunard were offering.  since then several others have asked to join us but sadly now all of the really good reserves are booked out for overnights as its too close to the dates......

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was due to do the Hong Kong - Dubai leg. I don't understand why the ship can't at least go to Dubai so passengers disembarking there can get home. Flights from Cape Town when we dock there are exorbitantly priced probably because Cunard got in first and block booked them out. They are 3x the normal price (Economy is £1100 each). Sorry but Cunard are skipping Dubai purely so they can get back to S'ton for 28th April so the onus should  be on them to help us get home .  $250 on board credit 'as a gesture of goodwill' doesn't even get close to the financial impact of the change. Already £150 down on the cancelled Dubai flights. Called Cunard and they seem to have zero information on whether we can stay on board, how much that would cost etc. Terrible Comms. As of last night you could still book Dubai-S'ton. A pity Cunard haven't gone the extra mile to help their guests a bit more. (I know they are going a lot of extra miles 🙂 )

Edited by carran61
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, carran61 said:

I was due to do the Hong Kong - Dubai leg. I don't understand why the ship can't at least go to Dubai so passengers disembarking there can get home. Flights from Cape Town when we dock there are exorbitantly priced probably because Cunard got in first and block booked them out. They are 3x the normal price (Economy is £1100 each). Sorry but Cunard are skipping Dubai purely so they can get back to S'ton for 28th April so the onus should  be on them to help us get home .  $250 on board credit 'as a gesture of goodwill' doesn't even get close to the financial impact of the change. Already £150 down on the cancelled Dubai flights.

Cunard can't be held to account for having to change the itinerary for this cruise.

If your flights were booked with Cunard, they will get you home/change the flights, at their expense. If flights were booked independently, then having to arrange other flights at your own expense is  a pitfall of doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Cunard can't be held to account for having to change the itinerary for this cruise.

If your flights were booked with Cunard, they will get you home/change the flights, at their expense. If flights were booked independently, then having to arrange other flights at your own expense is  a pitfall of doing so.

But they can be held account to changing the itinerary to purely suit themselves . Dubai would be a perfectly safe port to call at. The omission of Dubai is 100% for Cunard's benefit and has nothing to do with the safety of quests. Dumping us in the southern hemisphere instead of Dubai where choices of flights is more limited and very expensive isn't on. Don't get me wrong I love Cunard and have done many cruises with them but they could at least be offering FCC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carran61 said:

But they can be held account to changing the itinerary to purely suit themselves . Dubai would be a perfectly safe port to call at. The omission of Dubai is 100% for Cunard's benefit and has nothing to do with the safety of quests. Dumping us in the southern hemisphere instead of Dubai where choices of flights is more limited and very expensive isn't on. Don't get me wrong I love Cunard and have done many cruises with them but they could at least be offering FCC. 

I think that there may be a lot of factors at play here that you are not party to that could be affecting their decision to not call at Dubai so stating that Dubai is a perfectly safe port to call at does not take those factors into consideration.Under the circumstances its unfortunate that the world isn't playing ball with your desire to have a holiday but there are larger things at stake here. Im sorry you have not had a good experience but I would rather that the ship and all of her passengers were kept safe and I am sure that the safety of the passengers is paramount on making their decision.

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 9

37 minutes ago, carran61 said:

I was due to do the Hong Kong - Dubai leg. I don't understand why the ship can't at least go to Dubai so passengers disembarking there can get home. Flights from Cape Town when we dock there are exorbitantly priced probably because Cunard got in first and block booked them out. They are 3x the normal price (Economy is £1100 each). Sorry but Cunard are skipping Dubai purely so they can get back to S'ton for 28th April so the onus should  be on them to help us get home .  $250 on board credit 'as a gesture of goodwill' doesn't even get close to the financial impact of the change. Already £150 down on the cancelled Dubai flights. Called Cunard and they seem to have zero information on whether we can stay on board, how much that would cost etc. Terrible Comms. As of last night you could still book Dubai-S'ton. A pity Cunard haven't gone the extra mile to help their guests a bit more. (I know they are going a lot of extra miles 🙂 )

Why should the people who are booked on the 28th April miss out too? Whenever you book a cruise there is always a gamble the itinerary could change. Cunard are not responsible for World events and are taking the safest option. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, carran61 said:

I'm sorry you and others will be inconvenienced, I really am but Cunard are not to blame. They will have been studying this for weeks and will have come up with what they see as the best of a bad job solution and none of us here will be privy to their thought processes. You are but one tiny cog in the machinations of a very upsetting turn of events and as I said, book flights through Cunard and you will be covered in situations such as this, however inconvenient the whole thing will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rog747 said:

Thanks for this,
seems to concur with general consensus we had of the expected change; 

Cunard seemed to have acted as swift as possible and just may have been reading the many Posts on CC here during this past 2 weeks.
Would have been a nice treat for many that a St Helena visit, either a call, or just a sail-by was added.
There was enough time to have done this.

Do I assume that the WC Segment passengers who are booked just to join from Dubai to SOU (and likely also some going on to NYC) will just be cancelled and get a full refund, or will they have their Segment now offered as CPT - SOU >?  

EDIT:  from a Cunard Facebook group a post from an American Guest --
I have just had an email from Cunard saying they have canceled our cruise booking from Dubai to NYC. I understand why we are not going through the Red Sea but they have not given us any other option other than cancellation. I’m waiting to hear from my TA as to what to do now as we would like to join cruise in Cape Town.

Has anyone else been cancelled ? 

Also, P&O have done the same with the Arcadia world sector. They are not offering the option of joining in Cape Town. 

Sorry I very much doubt if the powers that be at Carnival U K and Carnival Corp are reading C C and taking a steer from the comments on here. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, carran61 said:

Surely it is also for the benefit of all the passengers booked on subsequent cruises. Or don’t they count?

1 hour ago, carran61 said:

Post 33 indicates additional nights ro CT are at no extra charge 4 those originally disembarking in Dubai

• Like 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

Surely it is also for the benefit of all the passengers booked on subsequent cruises. Or don’t they count?

Of course. The ship has to get back to S'ton for Apr. 28th for the next cruise. My point is that Cunard are not handling this well and seem ill prepared. I just phoned to ask if I can stay on board all the way back to S'ton and they have zero information. No prices are available for this so I can't make any plans once we hit Cape Town.

2 minutes ago, sogne said:

Post 1 indicates 15% FCC on original fare paid.

Not for the HKG-DUB leg unfortunately as that would be very nice. Just $250 on board spend and the 6 extra nights free (but they can hardly expect you to pay). Different guests got different emails and offers I suspect.

49 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Sorry I very much doubt if the powers that be at Carnival U K and Carnival Corp are reading C C and taking a steer from the comments on here. 

Absolutely but its nice to vent sometimes 😉