The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We leave the property and continue on our drive down I-95 towards Dania Beach. It was a very easy and uneventful drive until we passed West Palm Beach. At that point the traffic became heavier and heavier until upon reaching Fort Lauderdale, it became stop and go.

I decided to get off I-95 at Sunrise Boulevard and head to A1A and perhaps beat the traffic by coming into Dania Beach the back way. That way wasn’t much better, but once we saw this jet landing at the Fort Lauderdale Airport, we knew we were getting close…….

IMG_1757-XL.jpg

Once past the airport we drove into Dania Beach…..

IMG_1758-XL.jpg

A few minutes later we arrived at the Springhill Suites…..

IMG_9014-XL.jpg

We checked in and were given Room # 126 on the first floor. One-twenty six is our son Kevin’s birthday. Patti and I just looked at each other. It gets better later.....

IMG_9009-XL.jpg

IMG_1772-XL.jpg

Of course, I have to wait out in the hallway while Patti gives us the room tour…..

IMG_1762-XL.jpg

IMG_1759-XL.jpg

IMG_1760-XL.jpg

IMG_1761-XL.jpg

IMG_1764-XL.jpg

IMG_1765-XL.jpg

IMG_1763-XL.jpg

IMG_1767-XL.jpg

IMG_1768-XL.jpg

IMG_1769-XL.jpg

IMG_1770-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Looking so forward to another one of your amazing reviews!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! We knew that there was a lot of anticipation for this review, but the amount of responses has been amazing! This is why we do these reviews, and will continue to do them as long as we are able. Thanks to everyone who has jumped on board for the ride!

Later this afternoon we'll post about our day in Fort Lauderdale,  and then tomorrow we'll get you aboard the Celebration where the real fun will begin. Thanks again for your patience! 😃

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

So glad to find this today!  Will be fun to relive our week on the Celebration.  We had a great time in New Orleans last weekend. Dad has been doing great with his new parts.  

Glad to hear that your Dad is doing well! 👍👍👍

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Congrats! You're the first to the party. Always glad to have you along for the ride! :classic_smile:

Hey Karen! It was a pleasure to meet you and your hubby whose name I can't remember. I truly apologize. I think I lost a few brain cells on this cruise! :classic_smile:

lol!  No Problem...you cant remember everyone!   "Gerald"

• Haha 1

Just like the others I have been waiting for you to get home and start this review.  I have read all of yours, Sid's, and Megans reviews and enjoyed everyone.  Great start, can't wait for more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ramref said:

Hey Jeff,

Looking  forward to your review and Patti’s photos.

Wish we were on the cruise with you everyone as it looked like a great cruise.

Hey Rich! Glad to have you aboard! You would have had a blast on this cruise. Just think about it, in 604 days we get to cruise together again! 😀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoeTec said:

Isn't it great to pump your own gas? I'm from NJ too & was making the drive the same time as you.  BTW gas was only 2.39 at the Buckees in SC

Happily following along 

Yep, pumping your own gas is a treat for us Jersey guys! Glad to have you aboard! 😀

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lennythenose said:

We returned from our Horizon cruise the day you all left on your Tribe cruise. We stayed at Springhill Suites before our cruise after reading your previous reviews. We were very happy with it. Thank you for recommending it!

Glad you enjoyed it. It's our go to place when cruising out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami! 😃

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We checked out of the hotel at 7am and then gassed up the car for the next leg of our journey…..

IMG_1687-XL.jpg 

Once back on I-95 south, it was only a few minutes before we entered Florida…..

IMG_1829-XL.jpg

We continue to head south on I-95…..

IMG_1719-XL.jpg

As we pass St. Augustine, we see this famous sign…..

IMG_1747-XL.jpg

IMG_1746-XL.jpg

Patti insists that we pull in so that she can do a photo essay of the property, just like the one she did of South of the Border last year…..

IMG_1745-XL.jpg

IMG_1751-XL.jpg

IMG_1754-XL.jpg

IMG_1744-XL.jpg

We are entering Buc-ee’s……

IMG_1720-XL.jpg

IMG_1721-XL.jpg

To be continued……

I live at exit 38. A few exits before Kingsland. They are building a brand new Buc ees at exit 42. Just broke ground Monday. Should be ready for you next year!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

I live at exit 38. A few exits before Kingsland. They are building a brand new Buc ees at exit 42. Just broke ground Monday. Should be ready for you next year!

Good to know! We'll be back down there in April. Probably a little early I guess. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Here are some Buc-ee’s views……

IMG_1722-XL.jpg

IMG_1723-XL.jpg

IMG_1724-XL.jpg

IMG_1725-XL.jpg

IMG_1726-XL.jpg

IMG_1727-XL.jpg

IMG_1728-XL.jpg

IMG_1729-XL.jpg

IMG_1730-XL.jpg

IMG_1731-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

We have been to that exact Buc-ees, The sandwiches are really good and if you like Jerky go to the fresh meat case and try the cherry jerky. Was outstanding.

Looking forward to the rest of the review.

• Like 1

Hello Jeff!  I was excited to see your review pop up when I logged into Cruise Critic this afternoon.  After following along and enjoying Sid and his amazing writing and pictures, it's going to be a real treat to take the same trip in depth with you and Patti!  I'm actually going on a solo cruise leaving Monday on the Carnival Elation, so I will be looking forward to catching up to this thread when I return home on February 10th.  Peace and God Bless!

-Ed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pre-Cruise  -  (January 13th)  -  Our day in Fort Lauderdale. 

We were up at 7am to a warm and sunny day. Our plan for today is to head over to the Fort Lauderdale Beach and stroll along the beach and the strip.

But our thoughts this morning are of our friends Pat & Jim (Webecruzen). We have cruised with them quite a few times since we met them aboard the Sunshine in 2016. They were the ones that had told us about the Tribe cruise, and as of now, they might not be able to cruise.

Pat’s father had some recent health issues which resulted in him having surgery earlier this week. He seemed to be doing well, but then suffered a setback, and this morning he will be having a pacemaker implanted. How things go will determine whether Pat & Jim will be able to sail with us tomorrow. The thoughts and prayers of the entire Tribe Nation are with them.

Before we leave the hotel this morning, we will partake of the free breakfast that they offer. Looking down from the balcony, it looks quite crowded. This hotel is quite popular with those people cruising out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel does offer a shuttle service to the piers……

IMG_1789-XL.jpg

IMG_1790-XL.jpg

Here are some views of the free breakfast provided by the Springhill Suites…..

IMG_1793-XL.jpg

IMG_1794-XL.jpg

IMG_1795-XL.jpg

IMG_1796-XL.jpg

IMG_1797-XL.jpg

IMG_1798-XL.jpg

IMG_1800-XL.jpg

IMG_1801-XL.jpg

IMG_1802-XL.jpg

IMG_1803-XL.jpg

IMG_1804-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 18

Here is my breakfast plate…..

IMG_1792-XL.jpg

Patti is starting her day a bit more sensibly…..

IMG_1805-XL.jpg

We left the hotel at 9:30am, and soon we were leaving Dania Beach……

IMG_1807-XL.jpg

The Fort Lauderdale Airport is only ten minutes away from the Springhill Suites….

IMG_1808-XL.jpg

A few minutes later we are passing the entrance to Port Everglades……

IMG_1809-XL.jpg

IMG_1810-XL.jpg

Princess has an office here…..

IMG_1811-XL.jpg

We turn right onto A1A and we will cross this bridge that crosses the Intracoastal Waterway, and head to the Fort Lauderdale Beach…..

IMG_1812-XL.jpg

While crossing the bridge, we can see that there are five ships in port today. They are the Sky Princess, Symphony OTS, Nieuw Amsterdam, Celebrity Ascent, and the Celebrity Reflection. It’s an impressive line up!

IMG_1815-XL.jpg

IMG_1816-XL.jpg

IMG_1817-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 24

We parked in a parking garage at Beach Place which was right behind the Hooters. The cost was $20 for the first three hours. This Hooters is up on the third floor….

IMG_1825-XL.jpg

I’m letting everybody know that Hooters is my #1 favorite Husband Daycare….

IMG_1829-XL.jpg

Hooters doesn’t open for another hour, so I will walk the strip with Patti until then. Here are some Fort Lauderdale Beach views…..

IMG_1821-XL.jpg

IMG_1822-XL.jpg

IMG_1823-XL.jpg

IMG_1827-XL.jpg

IMG_1830-XL.jpg

Here are some of the shops, bars, and restaurants on the strip…..

IMG_1831-XL.jpg

IMG_1833-XL.jpg

IMG_1834-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 29
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I am tempted to drive down so I can stop at one of these and fill my car

Well I can attest that the gas is nothing special but all the food and shopping options are something to see! And if you have to use the restroom, you will be impressed! 🙂

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3