LIVE from Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera from LA 2/3-2/10 2024

sonomaphil

15 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

That “little table” is the top of the fridge..I’m sorry to say with two people in a cabin..the top of the fridge area as well as the “desk” are covered by other stuff.

We NEVER leave our RS tray in the hall.  This a a #1 pet peave of mine!!  If nowhere else, put a towel on the bed and put your tray on it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

This is 100% accurate for Wednesday too.

My wife and I walked out after waiting 53 minutes between appetizers and the main course.   Yes, it was exactly 53 minutes, as I looked at my watch and it was 6:30 when we finished our appetizers and we waited until the last minute so we didn’t miss a 7:30 event. 

There was only 3 other tables occupied at the time and two others also walked out early.  

The difference between service at Gigi’s and Salty Dog is night and day.  There’s no manager at the Lazy Dog that I saw, unlike Gigi’s where Francisco is amazing and runs a friendly and efficient restaurant.  

I don’t know if Princess stripped all the best crew and staff from the Discovery for the new Sun Princess, but the service on the Discovery this week has been disappointing in several areas versus the Regal in November.   Having second thoughts about booking Discovery for an Alaska cruise later this year.  

Poor service is not limited to Discovery Princess. We only ate at Alfredo's once during our 63 days on Grand Princess last October/November. We were the only people eating in Alfredo's at that time and we waited a very long time to order and then a crazy long time between the appetizer and the pizza. We left without dessert. I've never had to wait such a long time in any venue before and it was especially idiotic as there was nobody else eating there at the time.

47 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

We NEVER leave our RS tray in the hall.  This a a #1 pet peave of mine!!  If nowhere else, put a towel on the bed and put your tray on it.  

We have always left it on the little round glass-topped table. The only time we didn't have the table was the one time we booked a Plaza deck OV cabin that was slightly too far forward and was extra narrow. One time in a cabin like that was enough to teach us a lesson.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chubbypiggy said:

@sonomaphil  For this cruise, you have 2 formal nights or one formal (day 2) and one Dress to Impress (day 6?)?    Thank you.

That's how the Patter puts it.  One formal, one dress to impress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Are any of the cakes better than the others? They all look great …

We've had two of the three so far and I prefer the Red Velvet while my wife likes the Black Forrest. But both are very good. 

• Like 2