Posh Beach Club on Epic

pcrum

We are doing the TA on the NCL Epic departing on April 7, 2024.  Online there are no Posh beach club passes to book.  I called NCL and was told that I might be able to book the day of embarkation.  I was wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with this.

Thank you.

IMO for a TA Posh is not worth it, wouldn't it be cold? But to me it is not worth it in the Caribbean. No shade at all. I think it is $199 for 7 days and there is a sundeck right outside that area that is free. No bar in the free area but is a bar worth $199?

• Like 1

On our March 2023 Epic cruise they sold 18 passes.   As Haven passengers, we were the second family at guest services to buy passes for our extended family not staying in the Haven.   There were no passes available for the fourth family that showed up.   My point is the passes went within ten minutes upon boarding.   They were $59 then but raised the price dramatically since then.

As an earlier poster explained, Posh is the Haven sun deck and at least during our sailing was seldom used. It does not have hot tubs, Vibe usually has two. Vibe usually has dedicated bartenders and servers who get to know you and your preferences. During our sailing in Posh, the bartenders were rotated daily, so there was little opportunity to build a rapport with them and no shot o’clock. Hard to explain it, but there’s no vibe in Posh (no pun intended, well maybe). If you’re staying in the Haven and using it as an included perk, it is what it is, but I would never pay extra for it in steerage. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 12:46 PM, pcrum said:

We are doing the TA on the NCL Epic departing on April 7, 2024.  Online there are no Posh beach club passes to book.  I called NCL and was told that I might be able to book the day of embarkation.  I was wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with this.

Thank you.

We also lon that cruise, April 7. Notsur eon the chairs you ask about but wondering if you know anything about the normal expected weather on this Northern route?

14 minutes ago, Don Phillipe said:

Anyone have knowledge or experience of weather on the northern route TA from FL to Rome in April, and when should I expect a reply on my haven bid which I've submitted?

Welcome to Cruise Critic

Cold and stormy.

Haven bids are process the week of cruise. Monday/Tuesday for a Sunday departure. So, maybe April 2.

There are over 1000 staterooms eligible to bid on Haven rooms. The Haven is currently sold out, so you are bidding on very last minute cancellations. The probability of winning a bid is near 0%. 

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic

Cold and stormy.

Haven bids are process the week of cruise. Monday/Tuesday for a Sunday departure. So, maybe April 2.

There are over 1000 staterooms eligible to bid on Haven rooms. The Haven is currently sold out, so you are bidding on very last minute cancellations. The probability of winning a bid is near 0%. 

Our last crossing was 2019, Port Canaveral to Barcelona on the NCL Epic and the weather was perfect with calm seas.  Hoping for the same this year.