Booking Specialty Dining In The App With Premier Package, Why Does It Want To Charge Me?

IndyKid

I decided to go ahead and put our dining reservations in for our trip aboard Ruby in October. We have the Premier package so we're entitled to 2 dinners at either Sabatini's or Crown Grill. When I get to the point of confirming the reservation it wants to charge my credit card, why is that?

I know that someone on the forum will say to "just go ahead and pay" and then visit Guest Services to have the charges removed but I'd rather not have to deal with that. I didn't have this problem on our last cruise with the old app.

I just got off the phone with Princess, they're telling me it's a problem with their system (no kidding, Sherlock) and to basically pay and work at getting a refund later. I'll just wait and try again in a few weeks, I have plenty of time...

1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

I just got off the phone with Princess, they're telling me it's a problem with their system (no kidding, Sherlock) and to basically pay and work at getting a refund later. I'll just wait and try again in a few weeks, I have plenty of time...

Probably the easiest way to resolve this is to just pay and deal with it on board.  Many here have stated that they will give you refundable OBC a guest services.

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Probably the easiest way to resolve this is to just pay and deal with it on board.  Many here have stated that they will give you refundable OBC a guest services.

Yeah, I may have to do that, although I wanted to avoid it. I re-loaded the old Medallion app and tried, but it says I can't do it until final payment. I may do that a few days early before everyone else and try to do it.

From TrixieBel, “You need to be looking at the "web version" of the app in the cruise personalizer.  Open cruise personalizer.  On the FIRST tab (not the dining tab) which I believe is the "Summary" tab, scroll down just a short ways until you see:”

This worked for me with some fumbling around on the full site. Others have also reported success. Good luck!

15 hours ago, Cdude said:

From TrixieBel, “You need to be looking at the "web version" of the app in the cruise personalizer.  Open cruise personalizer.  On the FIRST tab (not the dining tab) which I believe is the "Summary" tab, scroll down just a short ways until you see:”

This worked for me with some fumbling around on the full site. Others have also reported success. Good luck!

Web version is not working, it says "Something went wrong, please try again later"...

Although our cruise is the 25th of this month on the Regal, we booked our BIG package too, and they did charge my credit card then. I don't know if they will do yours, but everyone (8 of us) received $25 OBC for booking the BIG/I think it is called Premier package as well.

23 hours ago, Cdude said:

To be clear, I went to the website on my iPad.

I also used my iPad to book our 2 speciality restaurants as suggested by TrixieBel. Worked perfectly. Came up as dining credit and no charge. This was a few days ago so maybe wait a while and try again.