Bringing water on board

Kastaka

I did have a look around before starting another thread, but I couldn't find a clear answer: taking bottled water on board, how much are we allowed?

Some places say 12 soft drink items, some say 1 bottle each. What I'd like to do is take a six pack each of our normal 750ml bottles we usually have in the back of the car, but I don't want to have them embarrassingly confiscated :-).

On 2/5/2024 at 4:34 PM, Kastaka said:

I did have a look around before starting another thread, but I couldn't find a clear answer: taking bottled water on board, how much are we allowed?

Some places say 12 soft drink items, some say 1 bottle each. What I'd like to do is take a six pack each of our normal 750ml bottles we usually have in the back of the car, but I don't want to have them embarrassingly confiscated :-).

Just curious as to why the need to bring your own water on board?

13 minutes ago, Liao said:

Just curious as to why the need to bring your own water on board?

I like some very specific bottled water and I often find other water tastes funny and then I don't hydrate enough. If the on board water meets my fussy standard I'll just refill one, but I won't know that until I'm already there...

1 hour ago, Kastaka said:

I like some very specific bottled water and I often find other water tastes funny and then I don't hydrate enough. If the on board water meets my fussy standard I'll just refill one, but I won't know that until I'm already there...

If you can carry the 15 pounds on the ship, you should be fine.  Don't expect to drop it off at the pier and find it with your luggage.  They have not been checking water lately.  

I am on Ascent now. We did bring a few bottles of water in our carry on. We departed the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port. There was not any issue taking it on.  

Edited by blueslily