Best Airlines for travel to Singapore from Ontario?

lindi

I’m only seeing Air Canada or United for flights west to Singapore.

United route via SanFransisco from Pearson with only a one hour layover.

Very tight for being on time.

Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, lindi said:

I’m only seeing Air Canada or United for flights west to Singapore.

United route via SanFransisco from Pearson with only a one hour layover.

Very tight for being on time.

Any thoughts?

Have a look at Cathay Pacific and Korean Air out of YYZ.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Looks like they do.  Bookable at their website.

Should be bookable anywhere. Eva Air is part of Star Alliance. Just put in Taipei as your connection point.

7 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Should be bookable anywhere. Eva Air is part of Star Alliance. Just put in Taipei as your connection point.

Maybe so.  I usually go to an airline website to do ky bookings; Air Canada is part of Star Alliance and I wouldn't trust or use the United site to locate and/or book AC flights.

Also look at going through New York and you can get the new direct flight from New York to Singapore.  19 hours direct, non-stop.

This would be my choice.  This is a significantly reduced passenger count for the long flight and the lowest category of seat on this flight is Premium Economy.  There is no Economy.

I have looked at pricing for this and it is not significantly more than any other airline.

AND, you are in Niagara, so you could hop to Buffalo and get a cheap flight to New York.  

Edited by CDNPolar

2 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

Also look at going through New York and you can get the new direct flight from New York to Singapore.  19 hours direct, non-stop.

This would be my choice.  This is a significantly reduced passenger count for the long flight and the lowest category of seat on this flight is Premium Economy.  There is no Economy.

I have looked at pricing for this and it is not significantly more than any other airline.

AND, you are in Niagara, so you could hop to Buffalo and get a cheap flight to New York.  

I'm usually a bit suspicious when people talk about 'hopping' across the border to Buffalo (or Burlington, VT), taking a 'cheap' flight to a major US hub then changing airlines and  flying from there.  In your example, how much extra time and $$ do you think it would take to do what you're suggesting compared to traveling from St. Catherines (for example) to YYZ?

This is an option for me but may not be for everyone.  Flights from Buffalo to NY are significantly cheaper in most cases than flights from YYZ to NY.

Don't know why you would be suspicious of this.  My brother lives in London Ontario and he often flies from Buffalo because it is significantly cheaper even when it entails a hotel night and parking cost.

56 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

This is an option for me but may not be for everyone.  Flights from Buffalo to NY are significantly cheaper in most cases than flights from YYZ to NY.

Don't know why you would be suspicious of this.  My brother lives in London Ontario and he often flies from Buffalo because it is significantly cheaper even when it entails a hotel night and parking cost.

The whole idea of making a separate trip to NYC and what that may entail as far as time, expense and hassle is what makes me suspicious of these sort of arrangements.  If it works for you (and your brother), that's great.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

I'm usually a bit suspicious when people talk about 'hopping' across the border to Buffalo (or Burlington, VT), taking a 'cheap' flight to a major US hub then changing airlines and  flying from there.  In your example, how much extra time and $$ do you think it would take to do what you're suggesting compared to traveling from St. Catherines (for example) to YYZ?

Oh, and another reason that I mention this, is because I want to fly Singapore Airlines direct and non-stop to Singapore, but there is not that option from Toronto Pearson.  You must fly to London LHR first from Toronto.  

Flights for me to NY are expensive but not nearly as much from Buffalo.

For ME, this would be worth it for the experience.  I almost would not consider this a connecting flight.

• Like 1

Hi 🙂

If you are Aeroplan member (Star Alliance) then EVA Air might be a good choice coming from Eastern Canada.  We are flying from YYC-YVR-HKG for a cruise on Celebrity Solstice.  We are returning from SIN-TPE-YVR-YYC.  Possibly the advantage is that all of the flights are with *Alliance.  Singagpore Airlines, EVA airlines and Air Canada.  I also think the idea of not having to clear customs 2x (once in US and then in Canada) is appealing......well it was to me!