Upgrade Bid Accepted - Yacht Club - but.... "Experience" still says Fantastica

Toddcan

I have another thread where I talked about my experience in getting an upgrade from Deluxe Balcony Cabin with Fantastica through a "counter offer" to our original upgrade offer.  Read that thread if it helps you with any questions, but this part I think deserves it's own thread (forgive me if you feel differently) since it's a very specific question. 

Now that we have been upgraded to Yacht Club Deluxe Suite (cabin 18008 on Meravalia), that should come with all the Yacht Club benefits. But under the Cruise Details section online, under "Experience" it still says "Fantastica Experience Benefits"

Anyone else run into this?  Perhaps just an IT issue since that was what my booking WAS?  I'm guessing it should say "Yacht Club Experience Benefits"?

End of the day, obviously the upgrade cost only makes sense if it comes with the Yacht Club perks (Drinks, internet, etc).   I'm just wanting to make sure that the upgrades do indeed some with all the Yacht Club extras

Thanks in advance for any answers. 

32 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

Is your cabin number a YC cabin? Then you do not have to worry about what "experience" level you have on your documents. Even your keycard will say Yacht Club. 

Yes, 18008 is on the Yacht Club deck.  Thx for the answer! 

When you get your cruise ticket it should look like the images below.  Note the Experience, Bella in this case, remains the original under Section 2 > Booking Information and Section 2 > What is Included.  Only the Category, Stateroom and Deck are updated, this is similar to what you see online.

But Section 3 > Your Purchased Services will show the Plusgrade upgrade to Yacht Club.

U1.thumb.jpg.db27b620485bec8526697c00b02cfaa1.jpgU2.thumb.jpg.bff02f1a37f9cec3c514b146e7e67f56.jpgU3.jpg.1bd253d867b35c5a77ce805db35315ef.jpgU4.thumb.jpg.dae9106fad8dd70ea6ec365c1e0379c7.jpg

Edited by Até
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone... 

Interestingly, I received multiple other emails from MSC saying that the other purchased items (internet, Marine Cay cabana, and specialty dining) have been cancelled and refunds are being processed.  MSC did this automatically.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

Thanks everyone... 

Interestingly, I received multiple other emails from MSC saying that the other purchased items (internet, Marine Cay cabana, and specialty dining) have been cancelled and refunds are being processed.  MSC did this automatically.  

As a Yacht Club guest, you will get the internet.

The cabana that you had previously booked is less expensive than the Yacht Club cabana so it seems that they refunded the original one and it is up to you if you want a Yacht Club one.

The specialty dining should have stayed as it was. I've also purchased a dining package even though I was a Yacht Club guest so it's perfectly fine to have both. Perhaps they feel that you will no longer want the package and refunded it. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only