Princess Plus question

Just now, northofnowhere said:

If I purchase the Princess Plus package which includes drinks up to $15 and purchase a drink priced higher, for instance a $20 beverage, do I pay the difference or will I be charged the full price of the drink.

You pay the difference plus that 18%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not really a princess plus question but thought it might be a good place to ask without starting another thread. My grandson is cruising with me, and I was thinking of getting him the classic soda package. I have a fair amount of OBC, a mini bar set up and 50% off WIFI, so I wasn't planning on purchasing a princess plus for myself. The question is can I just purchase the classic soda package for him without having to purchase something for myself.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Not really a princess plus question but thought it might be a good place to ask without starting another thread. My grandson is cruising with me, and I was thinking of getting him the classic soda package. I have a fair amount of OBC, a mini bar set up and 50% off WIFI, so I wasn't planning on purchasing a princess plus for myself. The question is can I just purchase the classic soda package for him without having to purchase something for myself.

Thanks

Yes

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks

Yes and No. The first 2 passengers in the cabin must have the same fare. If the grandson is the 2nd passenger in the cabin and you are the 1st passenger and you have the plus fare then the  grandson will be required to have the plus fare. But, if the grandson is the 3rd passenger in the cabin then yes you can just purchase the soda package. Remember that youth are very attached to their internet. You may have to purchase internet for the grandson. 

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes and No. The first 2 passengers in the cabin must have the same fare. If the grandson is the 2nd passenger in the cabin and you are the 1st passenger and you have the plus fare then the  grandson will be required to have the plus fare. But, if the grandson is the 3rd passenger in the cabin then yes you can just purchase the soda package. Remember that youth are very attached to their internet. You may have to purchase internet for the grandson. 

The OP mentioned that they were not going to get the plus package so in that case they could purchase a drink plan only for the minor

Thanks. Reading the beverage packages, it looks like they can be purchased separately vs. the Princess Plus or Premium where both have to purchase. Hoping someone has experienced this. I guess I will find out when I get on board. Maybe I'll take an extra Princess Gift Card to put towards OBC and not worry about the Classic Soda Package. I guess I have options. 🙂

26 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks. Reading the beverage packages, it looks like they can be purchased separately vs. the Princess Plus or Premium where both have to purchase. Hoping someone has experienced this. I guess I will find out when I get on board. Maybe I'll take an extra Princess Gift Card to put towards OBC and not worry about the Classic Soda Package. I guess I have options. 🙂

Stand-alone beverage packages (there's 4 different ones, Plus, Premier, Zero Proof, Classic Soda) can be purchased by any individual in a cabin while other occupants either buy a different beverage package or don't buy any package at all - IF the booking fare is Standard, with no Cruise Packages.

Cruise Packages, ie Plus or Premier bundled Cruise Packages, have to be the same Cruise Package purchased by the first two passengers in a cabin. If there's 3 or more in a cabin, the third and any extra passengers do not have to buy a Cruise Package - and can, if they choose, buy a standalone beverage package or none at all. 

The Cruise Packages are named after their respective included beverage package.   Another way Princess causes endless unnecessary confusion (mini-suite, no suite perks, medallion/Medallion net, Salty Dog Gastropub/Salty Dog Grill, and so forth).

• Like 1