for beyond , is 830 pm like "anytime"?

mcatmcat

Hi 

This is my first time going to a big ship n celebrity.

When I go with royal or celebrity I always book 830pm because I know my table will be  in the same position everynight and will be ready at 830pm

For my upcoming cruise ( beyond ) I selected 830pm but a friend told me , just pick anytime because even if you select 830pm you will have to make a line and wait for a table since it is not considered a reservation.  Also if I select to eat in other MDR I will also have to wait for a table?

Edited by mcatmcat

8:30 is a set dining time. So, you are correct, when you select an actual time, you will be at the same table every night with the same waiter. Anytime is waiting in line for a table, because you don't have a reservation for one of the set times, which is 5 and 8:30. Hope this helps 🙂 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

While I have not cruised on an E-Class ship, my understanding is that there is no set dining and that everyone is considered anytime, regardless of what your reservation might say.

You are correct.  We were on Beyond and thought we had a reservation.  We were told that there were no reservations and to just show up.  Of course, if you arrive at the same time, there is a good chance you will get the  same area of then dining room.  It was confusing as I spent time making reservations to no avail.

Regardless of what you thought you booked there is no set dining on the E class ships. It will be anytime dining. We got off the Ascent 10 days ago and had no reservations booked ahead of time.  1st night we went to Cyprus at 8:15 no wait, 2nd night went to Normandie at 8 no wait.  Liked the wait team and sommelier at Normandie and went back every night.  We spoke to the hostess and had the same team every night. 

8 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

I don'[t think they're talking about booking the restaurant themselves they're saying they've been allocated 8.30 dining as in not 'anytime'.  I'm on a B2B and one is 8.30 and one is Anytime so I'd also be interested in the answer - never been on edge class.  Sorry if I've confused it more!

It is confusing.  I sailed in Aqua and there is no assigned time for its restaurant, Blu.  However, I have been given a time to eat in the MDR.  Just a glitch in the system.  You show up where you want to dine for the evening at the time of your choosing and that is it.  

On 2/11/2024 at 5:33 AM, hopeless holiday booker said:

I know we can not understand Celebrity's logic but if you're not 'anytime' why give you a time.  Do you think because of the non edge class the computer can't cope with individual ships?

Most likely as their website is sorely lacking in a LOT of ways.

• Like 1