Princess prizes - door portal

beshears

For those of you who may have WON anything by opening up your door, I believe it "shows" something on the outside of your door if you have won. If this is the case, what does it say or show that we might know if we won anything?

I am told that the panel is *supposed* to show something...but the one and only time we have ever won anything ($25) we didn't know until I was reviewing our folio.  Our panel was having intermittent problems with the display, so whatever it showed...we missed it!

3 hours ago, beshears said:

For those of you who may have WON anything by opening up your door, I believe it "shows" something on the outside of your door if you have won. If this is the case, what does it say or show that we might know if we won anything?

It is a quick display saying what prize you won and easily missed. You can open the APP and under Packages, there is a link/box that says Prizes, click on this and any prizes you may have won will be listed. I have also read this feature is on your stateroom TV, but I have not used or verified as I check the APP on my iPad daily for drink counts and checking my folio.

14 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I don't recall anything on the door panel. My room steward handed me a box and said I had won a Princess prize. News to me. It was a clip-on medallion holder.

You get one of those with the Premier package as your include accessory.  

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

We won $250 OBC and we found out by the door panel showing fireworks and balloons IIRC. Anyway, it was obvious from the panel that we had won.

Thank you ALL for your replies. More than likely none of the 8 of us will win, but I just thought I would check ahead of time. (It does look like the promotion goes through March 31, 2024, and we are cruising the 25th of this month so maybe.....we might still have a chance 🙂. ) We did order the Premier package, and I know the medallion is on its way. So since our medallion is on its way, is it still possible to WIN a "clip on" medallion holder too? That would be great if we did win something, and the door panel started showing fireworks display, as I'm sure we WOULD notice that. 🙂 

1 hour ago, beshears said:

Thank you ALL for your replies. More than likely none of the 8 of us will win, but I just thought I would check ahead of time. (It does look like the promotion goes through March 31, 2024, and we are cruising the 25th of this month so maybe.....we might still have a chance 🙂. ) We did order the Premier package, and I know the medallion is on its way. So since our medallion is on its way, is it still possible to WIN a "clip on" medallion holder too? That would be great if we did win something, and the door panel started showing fireworks display, as I'm sure we WOULD notice that. 🙂 

With the Premier pkg, you will receive a ‘clip on’ medallion holder/accessory as part of the package. It is an exclusive color(royal blue or navy blue with stripes). I have received the royal blue with it being mailed and also when I was picking up at the port. My friend who upgraded while on board the Sapphire in December received the navy blue with stripes as shown on the Princess.com website, first time I saw this style/color in person.

Guest Snaxmuppet

It isn't just a clip-on accessory you can get with Premier. There are other options 🙂 

6 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

It isn't just a clip-on accessory you can get with Premier. There are other options 🙂 

I have not been offered any other ‘options’ for the included accessory that comes as part of the Premier pkg. when I have ordered the Medallion in the APP, you can order any accessory at additional fee, but what has been included at no additional fee as part of the Premier pkg is the exclusive colored ‘clip on’ and is automatically added at a zero cost to your order. 

Are you offered more options in the UK?

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I have not been offered any other ‘options’ for the included accessory that comes as part of the Premier pkg. when I have ordered the Medallion in the APP, you can order any accessory at additional fee, but what has been included at no additional fee as part of the Premier pkg is the exclusive colored ‘clip on’ and is automatically added at a zero cost to your order. 

No, you are correct. I misunderstood the offer. Sorry.

A clip it is then. I won't use it as I already have a wristband and I will use that instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

21 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

14 hours ago, wallyj said:

I won the Medallion accessory on my November cruise. When I went to the desk to get it, I was told I could choose any of the offerings and pay the difference from the $10 prize cost. I chose a watch band for $12, so had a $2 charge added to my account.

21 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I was not given any other options.  
what were some of the other options that you were given?

Guest Snaxmuppet
36 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I was not given any other options.  
what were some of the other options that you were given?

I said in a subsequent post I was in error.

I misinterpreted the web site. 🙂 

12 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I said in a subsequent post I was in error.

I misinterpreted the web site. 🙂 

I was also initially confused. Sorry that I missed your previously explanation.  I also have a watch band from a previous cruise.  I was hoping to get the second version of the watch band.  Perhaps Princess will allow me to pay the difference on board and upgrade.  I will let you know if I am successful.

14 hours ago, flutprop said:

I won the Medallion accessory on my November cruise. When I went to the desk to get it, I was told I could choose any of the offerings and pay the difference from the $10 prize cost. I chose a watch band for $12, so had a $2 charge added to my account.

Wow! Talk about being chintzy! You won a prize but they're going to charge you extra depending on what you pick! 🙄

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Wow! Talk about being chintzy! You won a prize but they're going to charge you extra depending on what you pick! 🙄

You did not read the post correctly. The passenger won the clip accessory which had a value of $10. The ship actually was being generous in giving the passenger the option to choose any other accessory and just pay the difference.

On my last cruise I won the clip accessory and when I happen to pass by the Ocean Navigators they saw me via my medallion and handed me the prize, they did not offer me to select any other accessory and pay the difference.

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

You did not read the post correctly. The passenger won the clip accessory which had a value of $10. The ship actually was being generous in giving the passenger the option to choose any other accessory and just pay the difference.

On my last cruise I won the clip accessory and when I happen to pass by the Ocean Navigators they saw me via my medallion and handed me the prize, they did not offer me to select any other accessory and pay the difference.

It is kind of silly that they did not offer an upgraded accessory. Most passengers playing the game will be on the Premier package and already have the Medallion holder as part of the package. Who needs two?

• Like 1