Passport control at Southampton when disembarking.

Hi There, I haven’t cruised since Brexit and wanted to ask the procedure for Leaving a ship on a Transatlantic cruise from USA arriving Southampton.   Are there different lines for UK passengers and EU passengers.   Is it a smooth disembarkation. And how early can one book a flight home to Ireland.

thanks , Pastelpaula.

No changes have been made to passport control on arrival in the UK after Brexit. Most EU countries are part of the Schengen area, but the UK (and Ireland) has not been part of the Schengen area.

However, I do not know how fast passport control is on arrival in Southampton today, but there is no immediate reason why it is different from before Brexit.

Edited by hallasm

My memory from our transatlantic cruise that terminated in Southampton is that we presented our passports to British immigration while on board the ship. As a result, we simply walked off the ship upon arriving.  Others may want to correct me if my memory of the immigration process is off.

Here is a snippet from my review from 2022 to describe disembarkation at Southampton:

Friday Debarkation: We took off our own luggage at 8 AM. No problems with packed elevators. The British customs officers had a short 2-minute meeting with all passengers two days prior, so we just walked off with no problems. Taxis were waiting at the left of the exit and we took it to the National Express station. We had a 9:50 departure so waited quite a while.  You need a reservation unless you want to leave mid-afternoon. The ride was just fine and we were at the Victoria Coach station by about noon. Taxied to Premier Inn. They allowed us in our room at 1PM upon arrival.

On 2/17/2024 at 5:11 AM, pastelpaula said:

Hello Hattie, I am travelling on Celebrity. Thanks

Might be worth asking on the Celebrity board or your roll call. Others may have sailed on a crossing before.